What's new

Luigis mansion is working in beta3 BUT...

Sercio

Somehow the game works and im able to go ingame but unfortunalty a black texture is blocking my screen so i just can see my HUD.
Too bad i cant enable Wireframe in beta3 so i just gonna ask does someone know a solution? Is there any option or tool which could enable wireframe?

Uptade:

I finally found a trick getting this game working^^

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

Few new screenshots...
Im able to do Bossfights and i didnt see any game stucks or loops so far :bouncy:
Do be able to play Luigis Mansion on Dolphin64 you need to edit the flipper.ini in the dolphin main folder:
Postprocess= 0 to Postprocess=-1 ...

Then go ingame and if you have a black screen then just go to your GFX plugin menu and the black screen disappears!

Good luck and have fun!

UPTADE:
Starting the game with Pixel Shader 1,4 does fix the whirl and the flashlight glitch. But for some reason the anti alias disables then! The game now has almost no glitches and looks darn same as the original one... only bad thing is the speed which gets fixed soon :bouncy:

Uptade 2:
I made some High res Screenshots but they look low res because anti aliasing doesnt work in that game :unsure:

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I´m surprised to see that no one has given any feedback on this long awaited find. Briliant work, now i can finally play it! Or i can play it on the original...

I've seen it in a picture once but have never, ever downloaded any torrents in my entire life. :)

Why are you bringing up 6 month old topics, Phazon? :)

M@d-F!ghter

i did a test on LM. it works for me too, but without any "tricks". the only thing is, that i dont have any sound in this game. speed is acceptable ^^

lm1yk0.jpg

lm2gg7.jpg

lm3dt6.jpg

lm4pa3.jpg

Olly

(Y)
Is that taken with the OGL plugin? Last time I tried to run the game with DX9 (fairly recently), I got about 5 FPS. Completely unplayable.
What was your configuration?

EDIT:
Scratch that. Tried it just now. I'm still getting glitches, and everything's a little pixelated but I'm getting 15-20 FPS, which is getting towards playable.
Your 40 FPS seems to be attributed to the beast of a computer you have. (GTX280 OC, you must be made of money!)

Just been trying out the revision 779. The differences in speed on some games are pretty big (Harvest Moon has gone from about 5 FPS to 15-20 FPS as well), but Super Smash Bros. Melee has gone down from almost perfectly playable to 10 FPS. Am I doing something wrong or is this to do with the revision?

Last edited:
Once again, ATI runs the DX9 video plugin well and Nvidia runs the OGL plugin well. If you try to mix and match in the reverse order, you will most likely see bad frame rates.

Having a powerful video card does not matter to Dolphin, all Dolphin looks at is PS 2.0. Video card speed means nothing. You can have his GTX280 or a 7300GT and see the same results with the OGL plugin.

Olly

(Y)
Once again, ATI runs the DX9 video plugin well and Nvidia runs the OGL plugin well. If you try to mix and match in the reverse order, you will most likely see bad frame rates.

Having a powerful video card does not matter to Dolphin, all Dolphin looks at is PS 2.0. Video card speed means nothing. You can have his GTX280 or a 7300GT and see the same results with the OGL plugin.

I didn't suggest otherwise on ANY of those points aha. I know completely well that graphics cards make little difference, I was just commenting on how expensive a GTX280 is. And of course, I was asking whether he was using the OGL plugin to see whether it was possible for me to get his speeds (I'm using an ATI card). However, I noticed his incredible processor and realised it was most likely down to that.

Now, can someone answer my question?

M@d-F!ghter

i use opengl and have dual core mode turned on (if there was quadcore support it would even double the fps i think ^^, only 2 of my 4 cores are used completeley, the others are to zero)
with dx9 it doesnt work THAT well, i have much less frames with dx9 and i can feel a little bit of lag there. i could sum up some bugs indeed, especially in sound, but i dont know if its really an opgl only problem

Last edited:

Olly

(Y)
i use opengl and have dual core mode turned on (if there was quadcore support it would even double the fps i think ^^, only 2 of my 4 cores are used completeley, the others are to zero)
with dx9 it doesnt work THAT well, i have much less frames with dx9 and i can feel a little bit of lag there. i could sum up some bugs indeed, especially in sound, but i dont know if its really an opgl only problem

Thanks for the info. I'll just hold out for another DX9 update and hope it's up to par with the OGL plugin.

Olly

(Y)
For some reason, whenever I used the OGL plugin I used to get all sorts of graphic oddities, which brought me to just using DX. I use an nVidea graphics card by the way, not ATI.
It's been thoroughly updated since you last checked probably, so try it in one of the newer revisions and it should look better.

For God's sake, let this thread die already.
If people still have questions then why?
Not as if there are loads of topics just itching to take its place...