What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Loading Textures (not *.dat) with PJ 2.1

mode7

Hey everyone. I'm trying to do some retexturing but I. Can't seem to get it to work anymore with these new Emulators and Plugin
I'm using Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.1. which I have configured like it said in the tutorial.
Dumping works however PJ64 dumps it to a folder named /textures/, which you can configure in the PJ64 config.

However loading form this folder doesn't seem to work. I tried several folders:

/Plugin/GFX/hires_texture
/Textures/hires_texture
/Plugin/hires_texture

none of these seems to work.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Welcome back!
I suggest downloading the plugin release version of Glide64.

File path=
Code:
"\Project64 2.0\Plugin\1.6 Plugins\hires_texture\"

Last edited:
OP
mode7

mode7

Thanks for the quick answer. It still doesn't work though. I can't get Glide Final to work in PJ64 it doesnt show up in the Plugin selection. I tried it in 1964 but still doesn't load anything (doesn't dmup either).
I got the textures to load with rice 0.3 though. So the folders shouldn't be the problem...

F

Fanatic 64

Glide64 for PJ64 loads textures directly from the Textures folder (with no hires_texture folder).

OP
mode7

mode7

Ok placed everything in the textures folder(no sub folders) - still no success.
Placed glide3x.dll in pj64 root folder and finally i can load the final version of the plugin. But it crashes when I run a game.

"Exception in N64_Class.cpp line 258"

Damn this is getting tricky...

EDIT:

Jeez... My bad. I put them in "/textures/" when I should have put them in /textures/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Now it works thanks again!!

Last edited:
OP
mode7

mode7

I didn't I just used the glide64 version pj64 came with. Are there any known issues with the "final" version?