What's new

little question to the Admins...

Sercio

Dear Admins,
Some guys are asking me if i can tell him in a private email message how to load games...
Is that possible? Can i tell him without to risk to get Banned? I do not want to be banned;-)
I just want to ask. Please answer me!
If it not allowed i dont try!
Thanks ...
Sercio1242

Mouser X

Telling people how to LOAD games is fine. There's no rules AT ALL against telling people how to LOAD games. However, telling people how to DOWNload games is against the rules. Please take note of the difference between those two words. DOWNload as opposed to LOAD. They mean two very different things, when used in the context you're refering to.

So yes, it's just fine to tell someone how to load the game. Telling them how to download it, or where to get it is what could get you banned. Hopefully you've noticed the difference between these two words now. I've seen you once before tell people it's against the rules to tell people how to load games, which is why I wanted to clarify the difference between DOWNload, and LOAD. Hopefully that clears that up. Mouser X over and out.

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

Mouser X said:
Telling people how to LOAD games is fine. There's no rules AT ALL against telling people how to LOAD games. However, telling people how to DOWNload games is against the rules. Please take note of the difference between those two words. DOWNload as opposed to LOAD. They mean two very different things, when used in the context you're refering to.

So yes, it's just fine to tell someone how to load the game. Telling them how to download it, or where to get it is what could get you banned. Hopefully you've noticed the difference between these two words now. I've seen you once before tell people it's against the rules to tell people how to load games, which is why I wanted to clarify the difference between DOWNload, and LOAD. Hopefully that clears that up. Mouser X over and out.

LoL...
You was pretty funny:)
No admin but answer my question;-)
äh People want to Download the Games ....
I know its against the rules to tell how ...BUT,
If i tell this in a private Email message it was not really explainet.

And i want a answer from the holy admins (not from normalos)!

Trotterwatch

You do realise if you didn't tell us then we wouldn't know? Private Messages are to all intents and purposes just that.

This sort of thing is discouraged, and is not really advised - there are people out there that would be happy to get links from you and then broadcast it to everyone about where they got them from.

Clements

People who we trust forward PMs to me and other mods and we get rid of the pests for them.

The EmuTalk PM system is not meant to be some secret rom sharing community, and if a PM is sent that is an offence against the board rules and we are made aware of this, it is a bannable offence.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
good boy? lol Now fetch? :p

Loading roms are as simple as File\Load Rom most of the time not alot to it :)
No you cant not tell people where to get roms in a form of a Web Link or a Private message on these forums. If someone bothers you to give them roms then let us know and we will take action. It isnt cool to abuse the rules :)

Rom Beggers are annoying not only to the Forum but also to the members they bother.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If they can't find illegal rom images on their own, they fail at the internets.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Right!

Agozer said:
If they can't find illegal rom images on their own, they fail at the internets.

I say´d that people ask me !
I know how i can load the Roms and i also know that i cant write here where to load.
But,
I have think that i can tell the people who ask me in a private E-mail message.