What's new

Link from oot has white tunics in PJ64!

HostLink

Is there a way to fix the issue of Link's white tunics in this emu? I am using UHLE for that but I am tired of the choppy sound, no one was ever capable to fix the sound problem of OoT in the UHLE, to bad because it emulates the graphics with absolute presicion and perfection. However I wanna move this game to the PJ64 but fist I must fix the white Link issue, so plz help if u have any idea.

Gouk

Specs

Could you please give specs of your machine and specifically the graphics card and graphics card driver number.

From what I know, PJ64's GPU is optimised for GeForce cards :devil:

Sayonara! :colgate:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yes, you most likely have an older card that doesn't work too well with pj64. the only way to fix it is to get a new video card. ??? sorry.

CLSugarman

if you have a Voodoo3, i tried everything to get it to works. after hours of evaluation, i found out that it would require a major recoding of itz drivers.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I had the same problem (How did I fix it ?)
I had Link wearing a white tunic but all of the others Saria , Mido had green tunics.

If I figure out what I did I'll tell you immediatelly

Tesla-Guy

I have this problem on Nemu64, on both GeForce 2 MX and GeForce 3 gfx cards, but never on Pj64 (not even on a friend's pc which has an ATI 128 eXpert 128)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
HostLink said:
Is there a way to fix the issue of Link's white tunics in this emu? I am using UHLE for that but I am tired of the choppy sound, no one was ever capable to fix the sound problem of OoT in the UHLE, to bad because it emulates the graphics with absolute presicion and perfection. However I wanna move this game to the PJ64 but fist I must fix the white Link issue, so plz help if u have any idea.

First, PJ graphics sound and core are all more accurate for Zelda than uHLE, second, you can't transer your game data to PJ, third, PJ only looks right with more modern graphics cards than uHLE was made for (or can be used with w/ wrappers).

OP
HostLink

HostLink

Thanx guys for your interest!
Smiff I'm not interested in converting my saves to the PJ64 and I know that that emu is much more modern that UHLE, I only wanna fix the white Link issue :)

Ok, I mounted this entire system myself 1 year ago with an AMD Duron 750 processor, currently it has 352 MB of RAM and 32 of onboard SiS 630/730 Graphics Accelerator. Win98, DX8.0a

The problem is that the white tunics issue must be because and invalid blending for the video card, so I think that the emu is not flexible enough to all video cards, I guess that issue could be easily fixed if they knew whats wrong with my graphics card.

I have to say that I am not 100% satisfied with the emu... all my other PC games works with absolute presicion, why the emu cant handle uniformly all cards if DirectX can use them correctly with all my other PC games? doesnt the emu render the graphics through directx, like most games now do?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
pj64 will render through DirectX if you use jabo's Direct3D plugin and use external transform. But doing this will not get you the most accurate results...

HostLink said:
I have to say that I am not 100% satisfied with the emu... all my other PC games works with absolute presicion, why the emu cant handle uniformly all cards if DirectX can use them correctly with all my other PC games? doesnt the emu render the graphics through directx, like most games now do?

??? PJ64 EMULATES the n64, it doesnt magically turn them into PC games, so its a bit unfair to compare the jobs it does to PC games which have been pre-written for the PC architechture... direct x is used in both instances to do display but because they both use it doesnt mean they should be the same... remember PJ has convert an un-imaginable amount of native n64 code to PC code, run it and turn it back to n64 code all the time!!:pj64:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Jabo would rather it looked great on a GeForce3 than alright on a SiS 630... and who can blame him, frankly :p

RJA

The PC Wiz
If you have a GeForce, this is caused by "Advanced AGP" being disabled

If you have this problem with your GeForce, this is caused by "Advanced AGP" being disabled. With the utility DirectControl or
NVMax, you must make sure "Advanced AGP" is enabled. And
after that's enabled if it wasn't, voila! "White Link and The Kokiris"
should be gone forever!:pj64: ;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
sytaylor said:

??? PJ64 EMULATES the n64, it doesnt magically turn them into PC games, so its a bit unfair to compare the jobs it does to PC games which have been pre-written for the PC architechture... direct x is used in both instances to do display but because they both use it doesnt mean they should be the same... remember PJ has convert an un-imaginable amount of native n64 code to PC code, run it and turn it back to n64 code all the time!!:pj64:

yeah see Sy is cool he gets this stuff :p :) :cool:

The N64 is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very

.... (cut to two days later)....

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very different architecture from a PC.