What's new

Link and Castlevania: AoS

Legend789

legend789
Well, I was playing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and didn't know that I was suppose to do something, so I didn't. So I went back and beat the game again (but didn't try as hard to get everything this time, just trying to get what I didn't get).

Anyways, when I was done playing over, I wanted to trade from my New Game to my Old Game. So I used VBALink (I was using the regular VisualBoyAdvance to play before). Problem is I don't know if it's compatible or if I'm doing it right.

So I tried No$GBA. I found out that unfortunately No$ uses .sna files which are probably not compatible with not compatible with the VBA's .sav files. And if they were I'm not sure how to tell No$ which screen I want to load which game to.

So my question is, how would I trade over from my new AoS game to my old one? Thanks = ]

Ody

.sna are snapshot files or save states. To have .sav files, just make an in-game save (go to romms with statues in it where you can refill your HP and MP and save there). Then go in the folder "Battery" and get you .sav file.

However, even if I somehow remember I managed to do it once with No$gmb, I am not 100% sure it can be done with No$gba since No$gba use header in its save file. You can still try to remove it.

OP
L

Legend789

legend789
Oh yeah, of course, I completely forgot about that ^_^; (the difference between battery files and snapshots). I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for reminding me = ]

So you were able to load a different battery file into each split window? That sounds like it could be very difficult = \

Ody

Yes, just rename the extension to .sv2, .sv3, .sv4 and the battery will load in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th GBA.

Same thing for VBA Link execpt the extensions are .sa2, .sa3, .sa4.

OP
L

Legend789

legend789
Thanks = ] Works like a charm on No$GBA. I've tried it on VBA Link last week, but I'm guessing that it's not compatible with the game, but No$GBA is = D

Thanks again ^_^