What's new

iPhone 5?

Martin

Administrator
So, what do you think? Was presented today. 4 inch screen is a plus, that retina display sure looks nice. :)

I'm still using my old iPhone 3GS which is pretty slow to be honest. I had an Android before as well (cheap ZTE Blade mind you) but that was horrible.

I wouldn't mind a Galaxy S3 though :)

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2012-09-12 kl. 23.01.58.png
    Skärmavbild 2012-09-12 kl. 23.01.58.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 61

death--droid

haha I like Squall's idea.
I actually rather like the look of some of them new Windows 8 phones personally.

Toasty

Sony battery
haha I like Squall's idea.
I actually rather like the look of some of them new Windows 8 phones personally.
Aw, with your name I thought you'd be in the Google camp for sure. Actually I, too, think Squall is right on the money with this one. :happy:

Quvack

I'm somewhat tempted to order one :)

I've got a Galaxy Nexus at the moment which has been okay, but the screen has cracked recently (oops) and I'm over android and all of the issues I've had with it.

The new Nokia Lumia looks great also, and I do quite like Windows Phone - so that's also tempting!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Android is a mess. The problem is that a lot of devices with different hardware by different companies use it, even though some of those devices are offered by the same vendor. You end up facing PC-like issues on a cellphone and that's NOT a good thing.

At least Apple sticks to their inhouse arm/powervr combination with a single configuration for each generation of their devices. Unlike various android models (like samsung's galaxy s3) that come with different hardware across different regions (or are suddenly getting upgraded to other hardware after a year or so, while keeping the name).

I've encountered all sorts of issues on droid devices. Some even have the same hardware and droid version but their performance varies greatly for reasons unknown. It's a mess I'm telling you. I'd rather stick with an apple phone than that, or better, another phone that's designed to be reliable and above all, a phone, not a multimedia device. :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I'm somewhat tempted to order one :)

I've got a Galaxy Nexus at the moment which has been okay, but the screen has cracked recently (oops) and I'm over android and all of the issues I've had with it.

The new Nokia Lumia looks great also, and I do quite like Windows Phone - so that's also tempting!

Yeah my brother in law works for Microsoft and he has a Nokia with Windows. He did a few sales pitches for me :p

Not sure I like the OS look though :)

Quvack

Yeah my brother in law works for Microsoft and he has a Nokia with Windows. He did a few sales pitches for me :p

Not sure I like the OS look though :)

I had a HTC HD7 which was a great phone, I loved the OS and by the looks of things WP8 will be even better :)

The great thing with iOS and WP is they just work, they fit the hardware and perform well. Android has been nothing but a fuck-around in the experience I've had with it.

smcd

I run a jail broken iPhone 4. Went with it because of android being a good idea but the hardware varying so much that applications seemed a bit hit or miss. Might give it a try next go round with a nexus or something

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I run a jail broken iPhone 4. Went with it because of android being a good idea but the hardware varying so much that applications seemed a bit hit or miss. Might give it a try next go round with a nexus or something

My 3GS stopped working a while ago and it forced me to remove the jailbreak :(