What's new

I can't tiptoe!!

Necterine

in some games you have to get past sleeping things and you need to tip tioe but how do u tip toe when ur playing on a rom?
like in banjo toonie
with the snake and uga's cave as soo as a some the twigs they wake up i try to do it as slowly as possible but i just can do it
help.

xamenus

Necterine said:
in some games you have to get past sleeping things and you need to tip tioe but how do u tip toe when ur playing on a rom?
like in banjo toonie
with the snake and uga's cave as soo as a some the twigs they wake up i try to do it as slowly as possible but i just can do it
help.

I believe you should use N-Rage's plugin. You can set how hard the analog stick is pushed using it.

OP
N

Necterine

IceFox38 said:
I believe you should use N-Rage's plugin. You can set how hard the analog stick is pushed using it.

I have N-Range's plugin but how do u set how hard is pushed?
can i have a bit more detail?

Clements

You can change the deadzone of Jabo's Input to tip-toe, aim Link's bow properly and all sorts.

If you had an analogue pad, it doesn't need to be changed.

FrOsTy

i can't resist on having my 2 cents in this, you probably don't care buy i use an xbox controller with my computer and it's analoged fine l+r buttons work :D who else has this?, the conector to my pc only cost me AU$20 off a friend

Kaoss626

FrOsTy...... I have 3

2 on my son's computer using Xctrl drivers
one on mine using XBCD (looking like this will be a better driver set when Redcl0ud finishes them, hopefully rumble support will be working in the next week or so)

Clements

Necterine said:
the deadzone is 25%
i can't move it anymore than that it's like stuck there

You're using a keyboard then! Try using a gamepad. Using a keyboard with N64 emulation is not pleasant with all the button combinations in games like Banjo-Kazooie- it's like playing Twister with your fingers!

jdsony

Necterine said:
like in banjo toonie
help.

Yes you most definetly need an analog controller to do any slow walking. On the real N64 the less you push the stick the slower you move and you can't simulate that with a keyboard or a non analog gamepad because with those it's either full power or nothing at all there is no inbetween.

jdsony

FrOsTy said:
i can't resist on having my 2 cents in this, you probably don't care buy i use an xbox controller with my computer and it's analoged fine l+r buttons work :D who else has this?, the conector to my pc only cost me AU$20 off a friend

The other thing you can do is cut off the end of an XBOX controller and attach a usb end to the cable. Xbox uses regular USB for it's controller input's but with different connector's. I'm not sure if it will work without drivers but this site has drivers http://www.psxpad.com/index_e.php for that purpose.

Kaoss626

jdsony said:
The other thing you can do is cut off the end of an XBOX controller and attach a usb end to the cable. Xbox uses regular USB for it's controller input's but with different connector's. I'm not sure if it will work without drivers but this site has drivers http://www.psxpad.com/index_e.php for that purpose.
It will not work without drivers and that's what FrOsTy and I were talking about. If you don't have 733t soldering skilz.... cough er um you soldering is not up to snuff, there are several adapters available

dnrobs

so is that all an adaptoid is? a joypad extender with usb soldered on?i got instructons to change to serial but didnt think it would have full support like rumble n stuff.

Kaoss626

adaptoid is a converter for the n64 controler to USB. Much more complicated electricly because to make the conversion (I looked for schematics) you have to build a parallel to serial converter. Xbox is just straight one for one soldering, no chips, no major modifications.

However it is my understanding that the adaptoid os one of the few converters for the N64 controler that does support rumble.

Last edited:

Kaoss626

FrOsTy,

right now its only continuous effects, He hasen't fully implimented periodic effects, but don't fret, it works wonderfully with the Nrage plugin. He's going to fix periodic effects soon and has already fixed a couple games that the Xctrl driver did not support rumble in. check out the forum for XBCD and you can get more details. http://freeib.com/?mforum=redcl0ud&act=idx

FrOsTy

Kaoss626 said:
FrOsTy,

right now its only continuous effects, He hasen't fully implimented periodic effects, but don't fret, it works wonderfully with the Nrage plugin. He's going to fix periodic effects soon and has already fixed a couple games that the Xctrl driver did not support rumble in. check out the forum for XBCD and you can get more details. http://freeib.com/?mforum=redcl0ud&act=idx

ahh and this one doesn't freeze my computer