What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

how to get specific textures and how to make animated charcters

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
can anyone tell me of some way to get ceriain textures from ssb. i'm looking for just link when he is red i know how to get the textures but it comes action packed with about 1,000 more that i don't need ao if there is ome action replay code or whatever can you please tell me.

also does anyone know how to combine the textures to make a full charcter. i've seen peoples signatures that have like a super mario charcter with him looking around. i assume he dumped the textures because he is in a texture forum, so if you can tell me how to do that it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advanced

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, rice dumps textures as they're loaded, so just start the game with "dump textures" OFF select him, select a stage, then select "dump textures" then press A to start the stage... his clothes will be there, if they're a texture.

As for combining textures to make a full character.... just dump, remake ((retexture) if needed) and then play the game... then just take screenshots of the game.

Datadayne

i've seen peoples signatures that have like a super mario charcter with him looking around. i assume he dumped the textures because he is in a texture forum, so if you can tell me how to do that it would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know if those were dumped textures but it it possible. Some sprites have frames. With all the frames, you can create an animation, just save it as a GIF.

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
I dont know if those were dumped textures but it it possible. Some sprites have frames. With all the frames, you can create an animation, just save it as a GIF.
Yes, but still, I've been looking at the frames for the spinning stars on the SM64 title screen and noticed that each frame is in a random order in the dump. I had already dumped almost all the textures before then anyway so it took me really long to find all 8 frames or so.

But the problem I noticed when you try to combine the frames into a gif is the transparency doesn't overlap right, because the N64 views each frame independently, unlike gif files, which layer each frame over the previous one.

If anyone has this problem, try re-saving the png or bmp frames in Paint. This will remove the transparency. Then with those new frames, make your gif! :)