What's new

how fucking good is metroid prime

sk8bloke22

roll for life
the graphics are sooo damn good and the game is madly stylish. seriously wish i had a cube!!! oh & I played animal crossing - seriously the most boring game ever...

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, me, the exact opposite, i play animal crossing all the time, i already returned metroid prime...i'm sorry, but it reminds me of just another fps with aliens, The last time i payed for an fps with aliens was with half-life. i've already returned metroid prime, and yes the graphics were quite amazing for gc, BUT are quickly being outdated on other consoles and the computer, so the graphical part of the game i don't think will hold for very long...

bottom line, if the game has a very interesting concept to it, like animal crossing, or an intriguing story, like rpg's, then i'm in. Metroid prime just reminds me of random, mindless shoot'em ups with aliens and find the exit. Sorry, it was fun with Quake 1 and Halflife, started dying around Quake3...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Josep said:
bottom line, if the game has a very interesting concept to it, like animal crossing, or an intriguing story, like rpg's, then i'm in. Metroid prime just reminds me of random, mindless shoot'em ups with aliens and find the exit. Sorry, it was fun with Quake 1 and Halflife, started dying around Quake3...

i though prime was suppositely story/exploration oriented?

Josep

eyerun4phun
yea, if you read the manual...and exploring, um looking for the exit, looking for the map, weapons ect...see you already get the picture? yea, that basic...

Gorxon

Administrator
Josep said:
yea, if you read the manual...and exploring, um looking for the exit, looking for the map, weapons ect...see you already get the picture? yea, that basic...

Well, that is basically what the metroid games is yes, but if you have played the NES, SNES and the new GBA version you'll realize how genius it really is (and it is a little bit more to it than you made it seem like..<_< ).
Anyways, as I live in europe I have yet to play it so I can't comment on Prime tho. :cry:

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Josep said:

u obviously havnt played the original metroid games. this game manages to follow the same formula but with a completely next-gen look. thats very difficult to actually achieve, and very few games make the leap to 3d successfully. this game does it extremely well.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Josep said:
you should'nt of givin' up before even beating the intro stage. :D
the story is very in depth. you begin to realize this as you read the Chozo Lore and Pirate Data spread threwout the game.
the story in the manual is just an introduction.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
BAH! its oohhh k..... oh wait i take that back... as a metriod game.. meaning its focus on making you feel like your in the metroid universe then yeah its very good

ok so as a fps bah
as a metriod game its great

Last edited:

Josep

eyerun4phun
jvolel said:

as a metriod game its great

agreed, but thats just it being a metroid game...nothing else, you compare it to any other fps and its STILL just another random first person shooter...Quake2 had a 'story' line, haha, jeez, i really didn't like metroid anyway;) too simplistic, its been done b4, translating it to 3d, yes, they "Translated" the game beautifully, but it fails to compare to many other great fps's out there...

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Josep said:
agreed, but thats just it being a metroid game...nothing else, you compare it to any other fps and its STILL just another random first person shooter...Quake2 had a 'story' line, haha, jeez, i really didn't like metroid anyway;) too simplistic, its been done b4, translating it to 3d, yes, they "Translated" the game beautifully, but it fails to compare to many other great fps's out there...

That's because it is NOT a FPS, wise-guy, is a First Person Adventure.

You need game classes, as you can't see the difference. I bet that you don't know what the hell is a Chozo, or a Chozo Ghost and how to find it... (BTW, did you know that the Metroids found on Super Metroid are JUST the childs...?)

If you want a FPS, forget Quake. Halo <_< and Half-Life :D are some of the best.

As for Random encounter, wise-guy, looks like you never found the Heat Visor, or even the X-Ray visor. (Final Fantasy sux in random battles: One every 5 seconds!)

So, do as the smilie, :x , and *play* the game well before saying anything. ¿Ok?

Josep

eyerun4phun
neoak said:
That's because it is NOT a FPS

So, do as the smilie, :x , and *play* the game well before saying anything. ¿Ok?

i did, i owned the game, and it is an fps, run around and shoot'em up...nothing else to say, just not a metroid fan;)

haha, first person adventure, with a gun right? that you use allot? haha:happy:

Last edited:

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
Considering the fact that it got a EGM Platinum Editor's Choice Award and a 4.5/5.0 on Gamepro, I'd say it's pretty good. And for all you Halo fans that want to say its a cheap copy, Halo is really a copy of Half-Life.:blush:

Josep

eyerun4phun
nycbeatatl said:
Considering the fact that it got a EGM Platinum Editor's Choice Award and a 4.5/5.0 on Gamepro, I'd say it's pretty good.

cause they are always right;) so some one's opinion is a fact? Its just the opinion of a silly game company i take it. And yes i know pleanty of people have recognized metroid prime being awesome, and in some respects it is, but not as a whole...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
I haven't played metroid prime but i hear its p0rN star fucking good o_O they have whatcha call it........ uh ragdoll physics in there makes the death animations of the monsters more realistic and stuff

h-e-l-l-o

The always bored guy
I just watched the gamespot video review of it...so awesome..and I have to wait 3 more months =/ I WANT IT NOW!!!!:cry:

I'm a big Metroid fan myself...

Last edited:
h-e-l-l-o said:
I just watched the gamespot video review of it...so awesome..and I have to wait 3 more months =/ I WANT IT NOW!!!!:cry:

too bad for u man.. im getting metroid prime in tuesday

back to topic: i cant describe how i feel the first time i saw it.. damn what a game!!...nice graphics, storyline.. i dunno but ill play it to c how good it is..
btw i`m a metroid fan thats why :D

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
AM playing it right now... at first I didn't like it ... (yeah i know... must of been something I ate :linux: ) anywho it gets gooooood :happy: ...... am kinda stuck right now, don't know where the heck to go... am in maggoor or whatever u call it >_< only thing i think is missing is being able to play in 3rd person <_<

Last edited: