What's new

Help Plzplzplzplzplzplz

Vboy

EmuCrazy
No more help with rices plugin. But I'm trying to record a majoras mask playthrough. FRAPS keeps crashing project64 1.6. I have to use rices plugin because it's the only one fraps will record with. Please help me please please. Is there any setting, anything that will help me? Without fraps, no freeze. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( :( :plain: :plain: {}:{ :smurf:
I tried using other screen caputerers but no sound. I need help so bad

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I'm using windows vista, most of you should know what happened to my XP. I'm using a geforce 6150 LE. I have to use a 3rd party plugin like rices or else fraps has no response. Control panel sound doesn't do anything... It's the sound card. It doesn't have stereo mix or wave mix. It's just microphone stuff, but fraps is the only thing that records sound and video together. It likes to freeze randomly very often.... Project64 1.7, I got that as well. I can't even get majoras mask to load without a flashram error that makes link stuck in the ground of the postoffice at 12 am of the first day... yeah. I doubt using an earlier version of PJ64 would help, and Nemu64 is only great on my XP. 1964 is out of the question. Is there any settings besides setting the core to interpreter that will help me?

X-Fi6

See the sound icon at the bottom right of your screen? In the system tray of the taskbar? Right next to the time?

Right-click it. Choose Recording Devices. Then, see the box where it shows your microphone and stuff? Right-click any part of that box, and choose Show Disabled Devices.

Now you can right-click your Stereo Mix device and choose Enable. Then you can right-click any part of the box again and uncheck Show Disabled Devices.

Then set your Stereo Mix to your default recording device, and good game to you.

!REVENGE!

Vboy, why are you recording an emulator's display with FRAPS? It doesn't capture the video frame-accurately and in general, sucks. Why not just record your movie with MUPEN64 to a 200-KB .m64 movie file. If you must convert it to a multimedia AVI file, MUPEN has that option.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
FRAPS records full 60FPS and godly smoothness. Hey hey.... I don't have that stereo mix. Not EVERYONE does, and if you read my previous post you'd know that.... Mupen won't be good for recording a walkthrough, as it's slow and stuff

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
The problem is you're using Vista. I'm not just Vista bashing here, Vista completely changed everything with the sound control panel and the whole recording business. I sure as hell can't figure out how to make FRAPS record from Wave… I'm gonna try to put XP on my laptop soon, so blah.
…and good game to you.
lol

EDIT: Shit, wait, X-Fi6's method worked. Except I can't figure out how to set it as default recording device. Meh, I'll figure it out, don't you worry.

Last edited:

!REVENGE!

FRAPS records full 60FPS and godly smoothness. Hey hey.... I don't have that stereo mix. Not EVERYONE does, and if you read my previous post you'd know that.... Mupen won't be good for recording a walkthrough, as it's slow and stuff

A screen recorder isn't content-aware of the proceeding video frames, not to mention that it sometimes skips and doubles the frames. MUPEN slow? In what way? Making your .m64 movie takes up no more CPU than simply playing the game itself. When you're done playing, you just play the .m64 and have MUPEN automatically capture and record the frames to an AVI file. It WILL be slow depending on which codec you're using but not any more than FRAPS itself.

If you mean playing the game itself on MUPEN is slower than PJ64, that's somewhat true, but unless you're on 1 GHz or using that piece of shit Vista, you should be fine.

X-Fi6

FRAPS itself is an odd screen recorder. It kinda integrates into the video stream itself (DirectX/OpenGL), so it is kinda glitchy under many programs and, in this case, video plugins.

FRAPS is great at recording what it can (gives higher FPS and smoother recording), but also you have to admit that the idea isn't perfect since it has to tap into the DirectX/OpenGL source directly, so there has to be something that doesn't work right.

Also, !REVENGE! is right; a screen recorder wouldn't know what frames are constantly coming at it. But Mupen64 can take as long as it needs for each frame and place them one after the other, so at the end, it's completely smooth playback. But on high-end systems, especially where the recording is of a low resolution and it's just 20fps (that's the FPS of most games), there's no noticeable difference between Mupen64 and PJ64 with a screen recorder.

Now, "piece of shit Vista", wtf? Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1 is of great FPS right here, and plus it has DirectX 10.1, so I am happy.

So now, quick question, anybody know how far Mupen64-Plus has developed for Windows? I don't use Linux tbh.

Last edited:

!REVENGE!

Now, "piece of shit Vista", wtf? Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1 is of great FPS right here, and plus it has DirectX 10.1, so I am happy.

Vista is bloated as fuck. When I bought my new computer that had twice the CPU power of my previous, I got the SAME performance. Startup took forever, Zelda5 could barely run perfectly (meaning no speedup on boring text scenes) and Super Smash Bros was just as unplayable as on my previous comp cuz of all the lag.

I did NOT spend good money for THAT. When I uninstalled Vista and installed XP, everything was fine, and a major fucking relief from my old computer that I've had for 7 years.

Besides Vista being bloated, theres also the suspicious agenda Microsoft seems to be pulling. They are spending way more money on promoting this faulty, hilarious joke for an OS than it would cost to build and market an entirely new OS. Something stinks of serious bullshit here. I don't trust them, period.

I'll wait and see if Windows7 is really worth switching to. If it isn't, and support for XP is halted, then I'm moving onto Linux.

X-Fi6

Why not switch to Linux now? Microsoft's approach will never change. If you hate where Microsoft is going, just go ahead and switch.

I am actually pleased with Vista so that's why I have it.

shuffle2

If you can't get results on par or better than xp with vista, then you're doing it wrong. Don't bitch because you failed.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
No, Vista blows. It's pretty much XP with a bunch of stupid shit added on, a new UI and a few things changed so things won't be backward or forward compatible.

Windows 7, however, will be built from the ground up, so hopefully there won't be so much stupid garbage. Vista SP1 DID help a bit, but... No.

X-Fi6

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Windows 7 will just continue on with the same Windows NT as Windows Vista. Windows 7 will still have the resource-wasting Desktop Window Manager constantly in the background.

Now, remember how back with Windows XP, people said it was too slow and that Windows 2000 was the same but without the hardware-intensive graphics?

Now, PNG bitmap backgrounds and font smoothing has absolutely no speed decrease on modern systems.

You know how with Windows XP, when a program stops responding and you click and drag another window on top of it, it looks like the effect in Solitaire? (you see a million windows) This type of bug does not happen under Vista because each window is a new 3d layer. Back in 2001 one would have said that was a terrible idea. But today, normal, typical graphics cards can make these simple 3d layers with perfectly good ease.

The more I use XP, the more I see it is really outdated, and the more I use Vista, the more updates I see by Microsoft. Like .NET 3.5 works great, and Visual Studio 2008 (Vista-oriented) is more fun to use than 2005 (XP), especially with such nice integration with WPF/Silverlight.

If you hate Vista, see if you like Windows 7. If you do, great. If you don't, you can always use XP or Linux... or a Mac. :evil:

Last edited:
OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I think its the plugin itself. It's always been unstable on my XP which is now broken. If there was another plugin that would work with fraps, I'd be happy.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I've tried almost every possible plugin from glide (freezes majoras mask) gln64 and direct64 (freezes majoras mask once it pauses)...

EDIT: Fixed!

EDIT: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FRAPS still freezes it. Its not the plugin! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD F**KING ************************** FRAPS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Nothing else records sound! FUCK

Last edited:

X-Fi6

X-Fi6 said:
FRAPS itself is an odd screen recorder. It kinda integrates into the video stream itself (DirectX/OpenGL), so it is kinda glitchy under many programs and, in this case, video plugins.

FRAPS is great at recording what it can (gives higher FPS and smoother recording), but also you have to admit that the idea isn't perfect since it has to tap into the DirectX/OpenGL source directly, so there has to be something that doesn't work right.
:whistling