What's new

Graphics Card Christmas Present

GCFreak

I have FINALLY grown out of my GeForce 4 MX 440. Here is my new Graphics card:

GPU: Legend™ GeForce 6200 256MB/DDR2 AGP8X.

This thing was fucking expensive, but it's worth it. Finally the games run fast, and pretty! :)

And I also have Shader Model 3.0 in my hands! XD

Merry Christmas!

GCFreak

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Fucking expensive a 6200? How much was for it? If I were you I've chosen a 6600 GT or a plain one like mine...

OP
G

GCFreak

Over $150 which is outrageous. The NZ$$ isnt as strong at the US$$ so it is more expensive here. Oh well.

raksmey1309

I have FINALLY grown out of my GeForce 4 MX 440. Here is my new Graphics card:

GPU: Legend™ GeForce 6200 256MB/DDR2 AGP8X.

This thing was fucking expensive, but it's worth it. Finally the games run fast, and pretty!

And I also have Shader Model 3.0 in my hands! XD

Merry Christmas!

GCFreak
Congratulation.Be sure to edit ur system specific in ur sig..;)
among the 6xxx series which one is the best.
Please give me some advice.

Last edited:

Clements

This is nothing new - all hardware outside of the US is expensive. I imported my 6800 Ultra from the US (and didn't need to pay tax) and saved about £150 (~US$260) compared to the price from the cheapest online retailer at that time for my particular model.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
omnislash124 said:
Wow, that is outrageous, my 6600GT was about $200, and from what I heard, the 6600GT is considerably better than a 6200...
As much as these graphs are saying for frame rates in F.E.A.R., it is a nice bit slower. Although it's not too outdated, so he'll see his money's worth in difference. I was shocked at the speed difference from my 440MX to 6600GT. I'm not sure how accurate the graphs are, as it's the first time I've looked at them for speeds.

I think with tax, the 6600GT is $250 Canadian. Give or take, it's been a few months. ;p

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
= $101.05 US according to www.xe.com/ucc

Hehe, I just got a new Radeon X1800 XL for $287 CAD. I love living next to ATI :inlove:. Knowing people who can get employee discounts is good too ;).

OP
G

GCFreak

zAlbee said:
= $101.05 US according to www.xe.com/ucc

Hehe, I just got a new Radeon X1800 XL for $287 CAD. I love living next to ATI :inlove:. Knowing people who can get employee discounts is good too ;).

Wow, that is extremely cheap. You're gonna see a HUGE speed difference :).

raksmey1309 said:
Congratulation.Be sure to edit ur system specific in ur sig..;)
among the 6xxx series which one is the best.
Please give me some advice.

I would say a 6800 Ultra, but they're expensive. I'd advise to get a 6800 GT, they overclock well to ultra speeds and their getting very cheap now (~$250-$300).

Last edited:

TerraPhantm

If you're willing to spend $250-300, you might as well get a 7800GT. They are more powerful then the 6800Ultras, and can be had for around $280. I'd only get the 6800GT if you don't have PCIe.

jdsony

The 6800GS is the best deal available right now. 6800GT/Ultra speeds for around $200. The AGP version just came out but it's scarce at the moment PCI-E version has been out for almost a month.