What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Glide64 Hi-Res Size limit?

haddockd1

My system specs should be more than adequate for what I want to accomplish, but for some reason glide64 seems to crash when any texture pack goes above 420MB-ish. If the pack is smaller, it works fine. Is there some sort of max that the plugin can accommodate?

I have tweaked the settings to try as many combos and numbers that I can but there seems to be no solution that I can figure out. There is no specific error, Windows just says that PJ64 crashed.

Normally I would just use the "inferior" Rice, but it does not properly utilize the lens of truth for Ocarina of Time (which is the game I am using this pack for). Anyone have a way to use large texture packs?

PJ64 1.6
Glide64 "Napalm" Public Release1.22

I have already looked into te following without success:
1)Try enabling "Show Texture Enhancement Options" in the plugin settings
2)On the "Texture Enhancement" tab, check both "Compress texture cache" and "Use texture compression".

System goodness:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
DIAMOND Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 Video Card
CORSAIR H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775M 775W Modular Power Supply
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core Processor Overclocked to 4.5 GHz
Indigo Xtreme Thermal exchange material

Obviously I take my emulation seriously.

Last edited: