What's new

Glide64 & eVoodoo, good and bad for me

Kaoss626

after reading a bunch of posts here, I was wondering how using a plugin and a wrapper could possibly run any better than a plugin alone, but I gave it a shot. I went from Jabo 1.5 DX6 to Glide64 0.31 and eVoodoo 3.25. What I saw was some speed increases and a few games that I hadn't been able to run, or would run with stuff missing, ran better and with more stuff.

but,

now when I press F12 to end emulation, I get....

Project64 has caused errors and will be shutdown by windows

anyone have any suggestions about whats happening?

Windows 2000 SP3
DX9
ASUS P2B-F
Celeron II 600 @ 927 (could put in a Pent3 700 @ 933 but I dont know if doubling the cache would buy me any performance worth the trouble)
256 Meg PC133
ATI Radeon 7000 (overclocked to 184.25)
ATI Catalyst drivers 6.14.1.6307
2x Xbox controlers modded to USB (using Xctrl drivers)
Project64 1.5
Jabo Audio plugin 1.5
Glide64 0.31
eVoodoo 3.25
Nrage II 1.82

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Kaoss626 said:
after reading a bunch of posts here, I was wondering how using a plugin and a wrapper could possibly run any better than a plugin alone, but I gave it a shot. I went from Jabo 1.5 DX6 to Glide64 0.31 and eVoodoo 3.25. What I saw was some speed increases and a few games that I hadn't been able to run, or would run with stuff missing, ran better and with more stuff.

but,

now when I press F12 to end emulation, I get....

Project64 has caused errors and will be shutdown by windows

anyone have any suggestions about whats happening?

Windows 2000 SP3
DX9
ASUS P2B-F
Celeron II 600 @ 927 (could put in a Pent3 700 @ 933 but I dont know if doubling the cache would buy me any performance worth the trouble)
256 Meg PC133
ATI Radeon 7000 (overclocked to 184.25)
ATI Catalyst drivers 6.14.1.6307
2x Xbox controlers modded to USB (using Xctrl drivers)
Project64 1.5
Jabo Audio plugin 1.5
Glide64 0.31
eVoodoo 3.25
Nrage II 1.82

It might be the wrapper because its unstable as it is with Glide64 :geek:

Dont worry, we are working on the problems with Glide64 and evoodoo. Until then, you might have to live with it for a while. :doh:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I've decided that the f1-f12 buttons are quite unstable (i just have bad luck with them, so, when i need to do something like that, I pause, yes, an f2, then press escape. Then I go to file end emulation

(I'm assuming your in full screen when you want to end.)

Also, how often do you really need to just close the file but not the emu. Really, how many times do you need to switch inbetween games? So, to get out of pj64 completely, just hit Alt+f4 (a universal CLOSE PROGRAM button combo that closes the program. That might help.

OP
Kaoss626

Kaoss626

Jimbot,

Duh... why didn't I think of trying F2 and Alt+Enter. I just gave it a shot, I can get at settings and change them, but I ending emulation from via the menu there still doesn't work. I crash out the same way. As for ending emulation, I do it all the time, or rather my 8yr old does so he can switch roms. I'm trying to get every thing working great with no troubles so he has no worries except playing the game. For the moment I've still got his profile running the Jabo 1.5 plugin because it doesn't crash out on exit. But I'd much rather be running Glide64/eVoodoo for him because one of his favorite games (some hotwheels64 or something) has _major_ errors in the menus under Jabo but works flawlessly for the Glide64/eVoodoo combo.

Kaoss

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Allright, that's fine. Sorry 'bout that. I thot it might be a computer lagging problem, but your right about it.

OP
Kaoss626

Kaoss626

ok now this is just frigging WEIRD

so there I was...... sitting here a the machine testing out some settings and now I dont know what I changed, but project64 now just exits, no error message, just poof back to the desk top when I hit F12.

but thats now the WEIRD part

I just ran glide in a window!!!???

my kid was willing to live with the errors if it meant that he would have his hotwheels game. So I set up Glide64/eVoodoo for him (his profile) and set it to maximize when the rom opened, set the resolution to 800x600 (desktop is 1024x768) and fired up a rom and it maximized to a 800x600 window with full 3D accelleration. The graphics were distictly glide64 and not Jabo 1.5 and the hotwheels game was working but I could not make it go full screen. I have no idea what just happened and I know that Glide should never work in a window but I just did it. I'd love to get it full screen 800x600. Oh and BTW the exit/crash on stop emulation does not result in a crash when running Glide in a window (?!?!?!?)

help?... LOL

oh and does anyone think that it might be worth it to double the cache and drop the pent3 in vice the celeron2 cause I know the 6 MHz difference just isn't worth it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Now really, if you're using the wrapper, of course it works. DirectX can run in windows and glide can't. It's got to do with the settings in eVoodoo. I think you'll have to tick fullscreen in it to go to fullscreen at all.

Anyway, there's no way to fix these error-messages. You'll simply have to wait for a new version.