What's new

GeForce 4 MX 420 Driver Help

xneoangel

Persona User
My little bro has some problems with his GeForce 4 MX 420 so i will update his drivers ive heard that Geforce 4 MX cards have problems with the newest Forceware so id like to know what version of the nVidia Forceware works better for his card.

smcd

I tried installing 4x.xx but it doesn't seem to work in XP SP2, so I went with the 51.xx series. It makes things run a bit smoother overall though some games and programs it has a negative effect. (For example the 7x.xx series caused odd squares in Castlevania in pj64 on flames, but the 51.xx series removed this)...

WhiteX

Try fifty smth and rivatuner, go to guru3d and tinker with omegadrivers too for better performance, i had a geF2 mx 400 and a GeF 4 mx 400 and this combo always did the trick.
You will do that because you must obey your master.:evil:

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
The pupil always overcomes his master so some day i will .... :evil:
All right ill install the 51.xx driver series in his computer but i wont mess up with RivaTuner because i always spoil things when it comes to overclocking >_<.

Miretank

Lurking
oh geforce 4 mx... i know it veeery well... do not use 71.89 drivers, they'll mess your graphics sooo much...

WhiteX

xneoangel said:
The pupil always overcomes his master so some day i will .... :evil:
All right ill install the 51.xx driver series in his computer but i wont mess up with RivaTuner because i always spoil things when it comes to overclocking >_<.

not only for overclocking but also to fix some glitches on games that are not patched and decreasing eye candy for the sake of performance, rivatuner is very handy.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
sethmcdoogle said:
I tried installing 4x.xx but it doesn't seem to work in XP SP2, so I went with the 51.xx series. It makes things run a bit smoother overall though some games and programs it has a negative effect. (For example the 7x.xx series caused odd squares in Castlevania in pj64 on flames, but the 51.xx series removed this)...

44.xx probably does work if you click "Cancel" when the Windows File Protection message box appears.