What's new

GCEmu - No WGL Extensions

Limper123

After searching the forums and not finding on the issue I am posting this problem:

I downloaded GCEmu along with the GCEmu Manager. I configured the manager and renamed my .iso backup file to a .gcm. I double-click the .gcm and the emu starts up along with the command prompt window. The emu stops immediately and I get the error message---- gxPeteOGL: No WGL Extensions!
I click ok and it all turns off. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. Help would be appreciated and sorry if the answer is obvious :unsure:

Thank you.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Either your video card doesn't support pixel shaders under OpenGL or your video card drivers are broken.

OP
L

Limper123

Ok, the game I am trying to play is Metroid Prime.

Also, I updated some stuff on my computer and something new comes up...the following is the NEW error message:

gxPeteOGL: Missing shader extension!

^^^What does this mean? What are the chances my video card drivers are broken?/How do I find out if they are?/How can I replace them?

Answers to these questions would be very much appreciated, thank you.

zaba_3

Ok, the game I am trying to play is Metroid Prime.

Also, I updated some stuff on my computer and something new comes up...the following is the NEW error message:

gxPeteOGL: Missing shader extension!

^^^What does this mean? What are the chances my video card drivers are broken?/How do I find out if they are?/How can I replace them?

Answers to these questions would be very much appreciated, thank you.

What video card you have? I dont think it supports pixel shaders

OP
L

Limper123

Ok I believe I have a NVIDIA GeForce3...I am guessing the card is sort of old. Is it good enough or do I need a better one? And if it IS good enough, does that mean that it is broken?

Trotterwatch

Yeah that only supports Pixel Shader 1.1 I believe, and doesn't support Fragment Shaders in OpenGL, so you're out of luck I'm afraid.

OP
L

Limper123

Ok so while I am here, by what process can I get a new graphics card and have it installed on my computer?