What's new

Game Cube Adaptiod question

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
i want to get teh adaptiod but i have a few questions first.

A.) will it work with my wave bird and
2.) can it be set to opperate as certain key board keys.

what i want to do is use my wave bird as a remote control for my ATI TV wonder card.

OP
Tri-Force

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
what i mean is the little thingy that lets you connect the thingy on the game cube controler to the thingy on the computer.

Vchat20

I think you are confused. here is why:

No GC emulator's yet, so no use for a GC adaptoid

it all depends on the controller connections for the n64 and GC, if they are the same. then you could use the n64 adaptoid with your wave bird.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Vchat20 said:
I think you are confused. here is why:

No GC emulator's yet, so no use for a GC adaptoid

it all depends on the controller connections for the n64 and GC, if they are the same. then you could use the n64 adaptoid with your wave bird.

Uh, what? You do realise a controller -> PC adaptor can do more than just give Emulators support? If you have an adaptor it comes with a driver that lets you use it in ANY PC GAME or application if you so choose :)

And the connections are completely different. :)

EmGee

hi there...

I need some help mapping the buttons of my gamecube pad (via usb skillz) in pJ64 !

when i try to assign the L-Trigger it only gives me the axis, but not the actual button when u press the trigger the whole way through.

how can assign those buttons correctly ?

thnx

EmGee

OP
Tri-Force

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
try holding the button all the way down then hit ok WITH IT STILL HELD DOWN. if that doesn't work then i dont know what will

EmGee

good hint....woked !

i just pushed the trigger just before the "button" point !
then in settings i pulled it to the end :)

now all i need to know is why the rumble feature is not working here....

teknoranger

does anybody know if this item can be calibrated? I recently purchased one of these and I cannot get the button's to configure as they automatically go to some random axis. I was told the item need to be calibrated, but it doesn't seem to have a feature for that (only test shows up in the Game Controllers menu). I have followed all instalation procedures properly (I think). Thanks for the help!

EmGee

controls are working excelent...

rumble works fine with normal force feedback games but not in PJ64 !

I'm really happy with this piece of hardware !

teknoranger

I think I may have to shelve the thing until my new computer with front USB ports arrives in a few days :) I cannot stand reaching behind my computer every time I want to fiddle with any of my devices.....Not to mention my office is not grounded (built in early 1900's) so I get shocked quite frequently.