What's new

Forums server upgrades!

Martin

Administrator
Redah just informed me that he's going to do a complete restore of the forums server (Kyona). Kyona powers EmuTalk.net (and Emulation64.com since it relies on the EmuTalk database) which will be completely inaccessible while work is being done on the server. No other sites in the network will be affected.

RedHat 9 willl be installed and version 6.0 of the server control panel, Plesk, will be installed as well. The server's hardware will also be upgraded, with additional RAM.

Work on the server will begin around 9 PM GMT tonight, and Redah expects it to be fully up and running again at 4 AM GMT. Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT: The server's back up.

Remote

Probaly not, sounds like Kyona will get the most recent updates which hopefully should work out great. Definitely no inconvinience :D

Lex

Remote said:
Probaly not, sounds like Kyona will get the most recent updates which hopefully should work out great. Definitely no inconvinience :D
That's great news to :D

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
What server is Emutalk.net on right now? I wonder if the vBulletin software will be upgraded, because there have been problems with attachments not working.

It seems vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 5 has a bug that randomly causes attachments to get redirected to the attachment not found notice.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The server upgrade doesn't have anything to do with a vB upgrade, since afaik beta 5 is the latest version.
And on a different note : there are fields just below your signature for system specs. There's no need in a 25 lines signature that clutters the entire screen for most of our users (I use a 1024x768 resolution, and your signature captures almost my entire screen). Please move your system specs to the appropriate fields.

My95ZR2

Crap....I got home from tech school last night around 9:30, and there was no emutalk :( At least it's up now :/

Adam

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I'm talking about some attachments ramdomly getting redirected
to the attachment not found notice. The bug of after you attach a file, including image files, vBulletin says "ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND".

It seems vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 5 broke the attachment function and required a PHP code modification to fix the attachment not found bug.

Last edited:
OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
RJARRRPCGP said:
I'm talking about some attachments ramdomly getting redirected
to the attachment not found notice. The bug of after you attach a file, including image files, vBulletin says "ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND".

It seems vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 5 broke the attachment function and required a PHP code modification to fix the attachment not found bug.
We've been using Beta 5 for ages, it didn't break the attachment function :p

We recently upgraded the hardware of the forums server, not the forums software.

I've talked to Redah about this and another issue, it will be resolved shortly.