What's new

FAQ: How do I get Glide64, Direct64 or Rice's Video to work with Project64?

Clements

This question comes up many times so here is the solution to these problems.

To get Rice's Video to work with Project64, you need to copy msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll into PJ64's main folder first. These files may be obtained with the 1964 0.9.9 bundle. You also need to put BMGlib.dll and BMGLibPNG.dll in PJ64's emulator folder as well, which come bundled with the plugin. The plugin itself as always resides in the plugin folder.

To get Direct64 to work, place d3dx9_24.dll in PJ64's main folder.

Similarly, to get Glide64 to work if you do not have a Voodoo graphics card, you need to use a Glide wrapper. Either download eVoodoo from the eVoodoo forum/download section and extract the contained files in PJ64's main folder, or use Hacktarux's wrapper, which is now bundled with Glide64 or obtainable in the sticky thread in the plugins forum.

Feel free to add.

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

Added info about BMGlibs for Rice's Video and d3dx9_24.dll for Direct64.

OP
Clements

Clements

You should be able to find the BMGlib files in the zip with the plugin, but if you can't find them, download the newest beta version in the hi-res forum and make sure you have those files. As you are using 1964, place the BMGlib files in 1964's main folder (the one with 1964.exe in) and the plugin (RiceVideo.dll) in the 'plugins' folder. Select the plugin and it should work without the error.

I just got everything together and tried and got an error. When you say put BMGlib.dll and BMGLibPNG.dll in PJ64's emulator folder as well, does that mean the main PJ64 folder?

Other Guy

I use other plugins without problems, but I can't use Direct64 in PJ64, the emulation don't start and show a message and after this PJ64 close by itself.

I did every thing that Clements have said, but it didn't work.

Other Guy

What I can do?

snesmaster40 said:
Other Guy Direct64 requires that your graphics card has pixel shader support. I'm guess you don't have it.

My video card: GeForce MX 400 (64 MB).
CPU: Pentium 4 2.0.
Memory: Rambus 256 MB.

What I can do? Is there other way?

OP
Clements

Clements

You will need to buy a new video card with pixel shaders if you want to use Direct64. Nowadays, pretty much all the current N64 plugins are now making use of Pixel shaders or have options for using them to boost accuracy and allow for better effects, including Jabo's D3D8 and Rice's Video.

Well, I don't know how, but i got Rice's Video working!!!

Now I have a question.

Is it possible for me to have lets say v.6.1.0c and have v.6.1.1 beta10 on the same emulator?