What's new

Emulator Problem

critter_c

Ok I tried running one of my games I mean i got basic knowledge of this stuff but everytime I try it says, direct3d device creation failed! Someone help please

OP
C

critter_c

nvm i figured it out... need a new graphics card, well in that case ill jus save and buy a xbox 360..

OP
C

critter_c

Well all I use the computer for is to play games anyway and the only reason I haven't bothered with game systems lately is cuz I didn't care to pay to go online but now xbox 360 has really done well with online play so this is jus pointless now, oh and i used to have a gc... compared to my ps2 it wasnt all that great

spotanjo3

ewww....XBOX 360?!?!?! It is low sell if you read somewhere else in the video game news. I will wait for PS3 and Revolution. I think XBOX 360 will be dead and no more..just like dreamcast. Microsoft needs to gave up. Sony and Nintendo, long live! ;)

lemoneasy

I have the same problem when I try to run animal crossing, eternal darkness, or super mario party 7.

This is using everything standard on Dolphin 1.0.3 by using the REF render instead of HAL. Using All-In-Wonder X600 Pro.

tehdarkknight

StepMania Addict
If I remember correctly, 'direct3d device creation failed' could mean that your card doesnt support Direct Draw. Maybe. But I would suggest finding out if it supports Direct Draw before you go out and buy a new card just to get Dolphin running.

BlueFalcon7

critter_c said:
Well all I use the computer for is to play games anyway and the only reason I haven't bothered with game systems lately is cuz I didn't care to pay to go online but now xbox 360 has really done well with online play so this is jus pointless now, oh and i used to have a gc... compared to my ps2 it wasnt all that great

i cant stand the PS2, every game i play, theres a loading screen every time i move, but I do like the PSP, and the PS3 looks awsome (but not for $450 i can wait)

LalaKSlayer

BlueFalcon7 said:
i cant stand the PS2, every game i play, theres a loading screen every time i move, but I do like the PSP, and the PS3 looks awsome (but not for $450 i can wait)

Well, I use HD Loader and I can say that the loadings are really fast.