What's new

does nemu 0.8 still needs such a high system as 0.7?

conkerman

conkerman
remembering that this is nemu board, i will make it quick
1964 is a great emulator. it uses jabo's video(for best results) and azi's audio and any input u want. pretty good compatibility. if i remember correctly though, not as good as pj. but, however, it is faster, for people with crappy pc's, who dont want to use corn or uHle, use 1964 . a main reason is because of the cf factor. u can adjust the speed of the emulator and frameskip(sorta, i'm a little buggy on the actual reason, but its something like that) . if u wanna try it, go to 1964emu.com and they have a link to the compat list
conkerman

Remote

Tesla-Guy said:
nope, nemu0.8 will be much faster than 0.7a

Is that a fact or an assumption? Project 64 1.40 is slower on my computer but it is a fair trade, less performace for more visual quality, beauty before speed. I know that they have stated that their own graphics plugin, internal or external, has improved much and is yielding better results, in some, perhaps most, scenarios. And would it not be a fair to make the assumption that the next release of Nemu will be more accurate and emulate never before seen or heard parts or various games. The bigger the cake the more flower you have to use preparing it.

ThisIsMyName

Dude, you have the EXACT same system specs as me, except I have Win2k. The only emulator I find that runs at acceptable speeds on my system is corn(version .29, all .3- does is crashes for me). It runs at FULL speed. Too bad it hasn't been updated in ages.

McBain

Can't wait for the new Nemu. The old one is still great but so much has happened in the past year with other emulators.