What's new

DirectX 9.0a

Vchat20

yeah. is this worth getting? cuz since having issues with installing dx8 (crashing my system which forced a reformat and reinstall), I dont wanna install it unless it is absolutely neccessary.

Slougi

I hear it has many small fixes and a few speed ups. I don't use Windows anymore, so no first hand info from me.

Vchat20

I dont have anything against Microsoft myself for the simple fact that they have made some really good improvements over the past couple years. only thing I dont like is MS-DOS, Win3.x, Win95, and WinME.

I might just upgrade to Win2K in the future, but that is to be decided. right now I dont have the $200 to get it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If it's quite as big as the retail version without an upgrade choice, then the deal is off. :doh:
I don't intend to download that much again to solve some simple bugs of which i've never encountered :saint:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
dx 9.0a isn't even being offered on microsofts site anymore. Probably one of those "silent failure" releases?

About ATI. That does me still remember on my old ATI xpert 98. It was great with updated drivers. Return to Castle wolfenstein did run great!!!

Clements

I think I can live without 9.0a, as Microsoft seem to be re-releasing it quite often. I'll get the next major release (like 9.1 or 10.0 or whatever they decide to call it)
I do like to keep my system up to date, at least at this basic level.