What's new

Compiling PSPlayer

Xtreme2damax

Does anyone know what is needed to compile PSPlayer successfully? I am trying to compile it in Visual Studio 2008 but keep getting errors during compile.

I am interested in testing it out and wanted to test the latest revision, I know better than to distribute builds without the authors permission.

Also is anything needed to use the actual emulator itself such as a bios/firmware?

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Well when I compile for any cpu I get these errors:

I was going to attach the error/build log but Emutalk is not allowing me to attach anything. Instead I uploaded it to a directory on my website and will provide a direct link:

http://www.xtemu.com/files/errors.txt

When I compile for mixed platforms I get the same problem. If I select compile foe Win32 it builds fine, but it skips 14 projects and if I try to use the audio plugin I get an unhandled exception when trying to start the emulator.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Well when I compile for any cpu I get these errors:

I was going to attach the error/build log but Emutalk is not allowing me to attach anything. Instead I uploaded it to a directory on my website and will provide a direct link:

http://www.xtemu.com/files/errors.txt

When I compile for mixed platforms I get the same problem. If I select compile foe Win32 it builds fine, but it skips 14 projects and if I try to use the audio plugin I get an unhandled exception when trying to start the emulator.
I already compiled the PSPlayer multiple times, so I will look into it.

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Well I did compile the Win32 version fine to my knowledge, seems the reason it crashed with the audio plugin is because I needed to have fmod.dll and fmodex.dll in the same folder as PSPlayer.

Is there any way to use normal firmware from your PSP, boot into the firmware and load homebrew/eboots?

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Sorry for the doublepost, but I also recieve these errors sometimes when trying to compile the Win32 release build:

Error 3 fatal error C1192: #using failed on 'c:\psplayer\noxa.emulation.psp\bin\release\noxa.emulation.psp.dll' c:\PSPlayer\Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Input.SimpleInput\Stdafx.cpp 1 Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Input.SimpleInput

I also get crashes and can't load anything. I don't even know how to load homebrew.

Is there a way to use real/normal PSP firmware, boot into the firmware and run homebrew applications with the WIP emulator for the PSP?

Also here's the last buildlog:

1>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Utilities, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
2>------ Build started: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.CodeGen, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
2>stdafx.cpp
3>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
4>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Configuration, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
4>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
5>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Utilities.Controls, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
5>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
6>------ Build started: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Input.SimpleInput, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6>Compiling...
2>C:\PSPlayer\Shared\Include\NoxaShared.h(54) : warning C4949: pragmas 'managed' and 'unmanaged' are meaningful only when compiled with '/clr[:eek:ption]'
2>C:\PSPlayer\Shared\Include\NoxaShared.h(111) : warning C4949: pragmas 'managed' and 'unmanaged' are meaningful only when compiled with '/clr[:eek:ption]'
6>Stdafx.cpp
2>Compiling...
2>CodeGenerator.cpp
6>.\Stdafx.cpp : fatal error C1192: #using failed on 'c:\psplayer\noxa.emulation.psp\bin\release\noxa.emulation.psp.dll'
6> 'The system cannot find the file specified.'
6>Build log was saved at "file://c:\PSPlayer\Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Input.SimpleInput\Release\BuildLog.htm"
6>Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Input.SimpleInput - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
7>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Bios.ManagedHLE, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
7>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
8>------ Skipped Build: Project: Be.Windows.Forms.HexBox, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
8>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
9>------ Build started: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Video_OpenGL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
9>Compiling...
9>Stdafx.cpp
2>Tracer.cpp
9>.\Stdafx.cpp : fatal error C1192: #using failed on 'c:\psplayer\noxa.emulation.psp\bin\release\noxa.emulation.psp.dll'
9> 'The system cannot find the file specified.'
9>Build log was saved at "file://c:\PSPlayer\Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Video_OpenGL\Release\BuildLog.htm"
9>Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Video_OpenGL - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
10>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Media.Iso, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
10>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
11>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Media.HostFileSystem, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
11>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
12>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Tracer, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
12>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
13>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Video.ManagedGL, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
13>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
14>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Audio.FMOD, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
14>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
2>HashTable.cpp
2>Synthesizer.cpp
2>Operand.cpp
2>InstructionSet.cpp
2>Creating library...
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\PSPlayer\Noxa.Emulation.Psp.CodeGen\Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>Noxa.Emulation.Psp.CodeGen - 0 error(s), 2 warning(s)
15>------ Build started: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Cpu.R4000Ultra, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
15>Compiling...
15>Stdafx.cpp
15>.\Stdafx.cpp : fatal error C1192: #using failed on 'c:\psplayer\noxa.emulation.psp\bin\release\noxa.emulation.psp.dll'
15> 'The system cannot find the file specified.'
15>Build log was saved at "file://c:\PSPlayer\Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Cpu.R4000Ultra\Release\BuildLog.htm"
15>Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Cpu.R4000Ultra - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
16>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.Player, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
16>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
17>------ Skipped Build: Project: Noxa.Emulation.Psp.GameTester, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
17>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 13 skipped ==========

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Does anyone have any solutions?

I did manage to get it to build somewhat/somehow, but whenever I try to run something it freezes/hangs on a black screen or just crashes.

Homebrew doesn't even work.....

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
Most of those are warnings.... the only error you have is

error CS0227: Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe

Google on how to compile with /unsafe :p

EDIT: In 2005, right-click on your project and go to Properties. On the "Build" tab check the option "Allow unsafe code"

Last edited:
OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Yeah I managed to get it to compile, since I am on a 64-bit system I had to set the target output to x86.

However I am having trouble getting it to run anything, I can't even get seemingly compatible homebrew to work.

Everything I attempt to launch either crashes or hangs at a black screen, it even does this on others pre-compiled builds.

I should at least be able to launch homebrew such as the homebrew included on the test stick, but even that isn't working.:unsure: