What's new

Clones and Remakes of Classics Games

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
So, I was browsing the net the other day and came across a site that had a clone of Wonder Boy 3 for PC. I've encountered various sorts of remakes, clones and hacks of old games up until now, some of them were bad, some good and some mediocre either if the were official or fan made.

I still remember of a shareware Bubble Bobble remake I was playing almost a decade ago and all those "enhanced" official ports of various games that were released within the past years for consoles and handhelds.

In case you need to know this site is where I found the Wonder Boy remake. It also has some rather good clones for Gradius, F1 Spirit and Road Fighter.

Do you have any past experience with clones, hacks or remakes? I'm not talking about simple ports but about games with enhanced or changed graphics and sound or gameplay elements.

smcd

The second link you supplied is "abandonware" not freeware/remakes, unfortunately. (I too knew of that site but didn't mention it because of this). As for suggestions, I just click until I see something interesting of I've never heard of :D