What's new

Chankast stuck in a loop

Neat Hedgehog

Hi everybody. Well, I hope to be around the forums and do more than just ask for help, but right now I need some. Before I get started, I'd just like to say that I read all the stickies, and the FAQ, and searched the forums, but nothing has helped.

For the past few days, I've been trying to get a CDI (Virtual On 2) to run in Chankast, to no avail. I've got the correct Europian BIOS files. At first, the problem was simply that my CDI wasn't selfbootable. I ran ExoBoot to burn it to a cd, and that took care of the "please insert disk" error.

Now, however, when I try to run it from the CD, I press the controller picture in the main menu that says "Play" it doesn't ask for the disk, but instead acts as though it's going to play the game and then dumps me right back to the menu again. The CD drive light blink and revs up, and then it just falls back.

Like I say, I've read the FAQ, and searched the forums, but so far nothing has helped. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. My system specs, if they will help:

Athlon 3200+ XP
Radeon 9600 PRO AIW
K7N2 Delta 2 mobo w/onboard sound

If you've got a complicated idea, don't bother to simplify it. I know my way around PC's and emu's pretty good. I've tried about six different BIOS's, so I don't think that's the trouble, but I'm new at DC emulation, so I can't be 100% sure.

Last edited:
OP
N

Neat Hedgehog

Ah, of course! I tried it once, but that was before I used ExoBoot. I hadn't thought to try it again after that. Thanks. :whistling

I'll go test it out and see if it works.

Well, this is weird. Turns out that for some reason the file that I made with ExoBoot doesn't work, but the first one does. I guess the original file was selfbootable after all. Oh well. I'll get the hang of this soon enough.

At least it works now.

Last edited: