What's new

BSplayer help needed

Trotterwatch

I downloaded BSplayer yesterday, and am very impressed with it. So much so that I want to get rid of Realplayer/DivX player etc

However the sticking point is try as much as I can I can't get it to play Realmedia files!

Things I've done so far trying to get it to work:

Installed RP9win32codecs into Windows/System32
Installed Realmediasplitter.ax * into Windows/System32
regsvr32 RealMediaSplitter.ax
(I got a message saying I was successful in regsrving it)

Still not working - just a standard "can't open file" error from BSplayer.

I then installed Real Alternative, it didn't make any difference (although now I can play Realmedia files in Windows Media Classic). I still can't open Realplayer files in BSplayer, which is a damn shame. BSplayer is an amazing piece of software, I am really impressed by it (and it's free from spyware crap).

Any help on getting this to work would be muchly appreciated :) Got a feeling I'm doing something daft.

*realmediasplitter.ax came in 2 folders 'release' and 'unicode' tried both for the sakes of it, no diff :)

Last edited:
OP
T

Trotterwatch

Ok, I've found out the problem. It only happens with older Realplayer files - so I'm guessing it's a codec issue of sorts? Perhaps I need to transfer some other files to System32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rcgamer

the old guy
i know people are going to tell you not to , but try installing the klite codec pack. thats what i use and have never had problems using any media file. (its the nemo codec pack that is a peice of crap).

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Just tried it - not working :(

Interesting Gspot couldn't render the files that are causing the problem (yet they play fine in Realone player and Media Player Classic). So even if they are wierd files there must be a way to get them working in Bsplayer.. I hope! :)

khanmeister

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
Just tried it - not working :(

Interesting Gspot couldn't render the files that are causing the problem (yet they play fine in Realone player and Media Player Classic). So even if they are wierd files there must be a way to get them working in Bsplayer.. I hope! :)

Yes, I find that I have to use both MPC and bsplay. Some files work better in one or the other, but with only these two progs and the klite megacodec pak, i have flawless video for every file (in one or the other program).

Plus, there's no crappy spyware, malware, bloatware on my system. You may need a clean windows install for best results as realone doesn't REALLY go away, when you uninstall it. And the realalternative that is included in the megacodec pak is really quite nice, so you won't miss the real REAL.

:icecream:

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Yeah, I'll stick with BSplayer and Windows media classic.

I've had pretty good results with uninstalling Realplayer in the past, so shouldn't be a problem. At the moment Spybot and Adaware both report I have zero spyware :) so that's cool, though I couldn't be arsed if I did have a little (I'm not that paranoid, lol).