What's new

BMD plugin for 3D studio max. Imports bones, skinning, animations and vertex colors.

spinne

hi guys i hope ill will not be banned for this reply ...

I uhant u, to see this .bmd and just tell me if this plug-in can open it ...
I have try open it but just get this error:
"strRead += (bit.intAsChar (ReadByte _f ))" on the script
and a pop-up MaxScript Rollout Exception :
-- Unable to convert: undefinied to type : Integrer

Can u make this .bmd to be read ?
http://rapidshare.com/files/120928656/test556.rar.html
(is 5 .bmd on the folder)

Hope i don't disturbing u, and hope u can help me.
Thx for your time!

P.S sorry for my bad eng. :(

Last edited:
OP
C

Coder

Thanks for solving the issue. I used visual studio C++ 2005 express with a release build. It definitely looks like something is wrong with my setup. If anyone else has another compiler or knows how to get it working in VS C++ 2005 then could they please rebuild it and upload it (source already in zip file source/bmdview.c). Otherwise I'll try to try to get it updated sometime tomorrow.
I'll try to get the textures working for Zl.arc sometime this week.

Hi spinne. I don't think the plugin is able to load these files. The plugin can only import files that can be viewed in BmdView2.

spinne

Hi spinne. I don't think the plugin is able to load these files. The plugin can only import files that can be viewed in BmdView2.

Ah... :(

And in this case can u help with some ideeas, or ... telling me how to understand the file format .... i realy need to convert this in smd or 3ds format and viceversa....
or if u coud make a plug-in for me [ i realyse u don't need to make this efort and u don't earn enithing... ] ...but if u nead help for graphic design i will always help
Is something important to me this .bmd format and is killing me alive :|
beg u for help ....

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Ah... :(

And in this case can u help with some ideeas, or ... telling me how to understand the file format .... i realy need to convert this in smd or 3ds format and viceversa....
or if u coud make a plug-in for me [ i realyse u don't need to make this efort and u don't earn enithing... ] ...but if u nead help for graphic design i will always help
Is something important to me this .bmd format and is killing me alive :|
beg u for help ....
First: delete the link from your first post, it's copyright protected material.
Next, stop beggin' for stuff, you can try to change it yourself, the source is provided.
That's it for now, next time, please be a little nice for your first post, than all will be happy.

Fluesopp

It might not be your setup that is wrong. It might just be the wrong way of compiling, or just me that have not the right tools.
On this page: http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2006/04/14/576314.aspx
it says:
A common mistake is to xcopy the application to a different machine without installing the VC80 CRT redist in that machine.

A different common mistake is to compile the application in debug mode, and try to use the application in a machine with only retail VC80 CRT redist installed. Application compiled in debug mode will depend on the debug version of VC80 CRT, and there is no redist for it.

In both cases, the application will not launch due to Sxs failure (not able to find VC80 CRT.).
Sp. what do you conclude from that? I only use Java as programming language, so I don't know what you need for C++.

OP
C

Coder

spinne

Thanks, it looks like the redistribution libraries you mentioned need to be installed on the clients machine

32 bit system: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86).
64 bit system: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (ia64)

I don't have any extra PC's so I can't test this.

Sorry spinne but I won't be able to work on these files. Even if I did have some free time I don't really understand the file formats. I just converted thakis's C code to maxscript.

I whant just to know if you will have some free time and u think u can do something to encript/decript them, a litle soft. or a plug-in or something... If u can, then i will w8... 10 yars if its neaded.... isan't a problem.... :D

I DONT WHANT TO ABUSE , so i will let u an messenger id on private and if u will have some time free...
Thx for your time!!!

--------------
BTW that files isant ilegal shits.... is part of an online game and can be dwl for free. so this is public files (free, no license or other shit)

Mariowario130

hi guys i hope ill will not be banned for this reply ...

I uhant u, to see this .bmd and just tell me if this plug-in can open it ...
I have try open it but just get this error:
"strRead += (bit.intAsChar (ReadByte _f ))" on the script
and a pop-up MaxScript Rollout Exception :
-- Unable to convert: undefinied to type : Integrer

Can u make this .bmd to be read ?
[/url]http://rapidshare.com/l (is 5 .bmd on the folder) Hope i ...s illegal to distribute copyrighted material.

Fluesopp

Thanks, it looks like the redistribution libraries you mentioned need to be installed on the clients machine

32 bit system: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86).
64 bit system: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (ia64)

I don't have any extra PC's so I can't test this.

Sorry spinne but I won't be able to work on these files. Even if I did have some free time I don't really understand the file formats. I just converted thakis's C code to maxscript.

I will test it out as soon as I can.
But regarding the unextractable textures, why didn't BMDViewer 2 work with commandline again? Was it because of some modification you did on BMDViewer?
Isn't it possible to do the same modification of BMDViewer 2?

And Spinne, where are the BMD's from? This method are Nintendo games only, namely Zelda (TWW and TP) and Mario (Sunshine, Galaxy and Mario Kart). So if they are of another game, it's just coincidence that they have the same extension. They do not require the same formatting even if they have the same extension.

edit: I tried to download and install it, but I still get the error message when lauching the program.
But I did not restart so I will try again later today.

Last edited:

thakis

Fluesopp: The version of bmdview1 that I released was a binary that did nothing more than to dump some textures. It has a few bugs. bmdview2 displays bmd models, but it does not include command line support. It wouldn't be too hard to add, but it wouldn't be much fun either :)

Spinne: Those files look like bmd files from a Gameboy DS game. They use a different file format than the bmd files from the cube, so we won't be able to help you here. Try to find some DS tools.

spinne

Spinne: Those files look like bmd files from a Gameboy DS game. They use a different file format than the bmd files from the cube, so we won't be able to help you here. Try to find some DS tools.
Nop...is files from a free client for online games, the game name is Mu
And no problem, thx eniwey

And Spinne, where are the BMD's from? This method are Nintendo games only, namely Zelda (TWW and TP) and Mario (Sunshine, Galaxy and Mario Kart). So if they are of another game, it's just coincidence that they have the same extension. They do not require the same formatting even if they have the same extension.
The game is an online game, the files ar free, just the serverside have copyrights, clientside is free. When u whant to play u will pay like on WOW game diference is on wow u nead to buy client side
Ies the file extension is similar so i waz thinking that i coud be luky...
I just ask for help coz i think that a coder coud help to decript them/encript them and to remeke the client maps end this just for fun, just like a hobby, not other things...

you need to remove that link.
its illegal to distribute copyrighted material.
U nead to go and sleep..., no ofence but i had talk about this 2 times :
THE FILES DO NOT HAVE COPYRIGHTS
Why???
Coz thei ar free, u can download the files from eny server, dont requerd instalation, cd-key.
In the license file is: free to use So don't flame boy
End this files isan't from the game, this waz made by an argentinian coder and relised for free
So stop flaming hire and see about your homework, will be better for u
------------------------------------------------------

Thx u guys for your advices and hope i wazant disturbing u so much...
Have a nice day !

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Nop...is files from a free client for online games, the game name is Mu
And no problem, thx eniwey

The game is an online game, the files ar free, just the serverside have copyrights, clientside is free. When u whant to play u will pay like on WOW game diference is on wow u nead to buy client side
Ies the file extension is similar so i waz thinking that i coud be luky...
I just ask for help coz i think that a coder coud help to decript them/encript them and to remeke the client maps end this just for fun, just like a hobby, not other things...

Why???
Coz thei ar free, u can download the files from eny server, dont requerd instalation, cd-key.
End this files isan't from the game, this waz made by an argentinian coder and relised for free
------------------------------------------------------

Thx u guys for your advices and hope i wazant disturbing u so much...
Have a nice day !
Next time, tell us about such stuff earlier.
No need to be harsh about this, because, nearly everybody thought you would provide copyright protected material.
So next time, tell us about it and it should be all fine.

Mariowario130

Why???

I don't live in the same time zone as you.

Theres a big difference between flaming and informing.
The only person I see flaming here is YOU.

refer to MasterPhW's post if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Fluesopp

So I tried restarting, but it still did not work. I get the same message again.
Could it be that I need a new version?

Fluesopp

You mean you can do the command line witouth getting the error message?
What OS are you using? Vista or XP? And do you have Visual Studio installed?

Jeztac

I extract the plugin to the plguins folder, put bmdview.exe in the root directory, run max, run the script, but nothing happens, when I search for maxbmd in the GUI configuration but I can't find it anywheres, and in the import tab I don't see BMD in the list.