What's new

Banjo Tooie - Can't fight Klongo

SamoanWolf

When I enter the tunnel after that extremely long intro sequence, I fight Klongo. He takes some steroids and gets all big and hops around the place. I couldn't figure out how to fight him so I checked on good old GameFaqs, which told me to "attack him when he stands still." So I did that, but I can't hurt him and he can't hurt me. I turned on cheats before the battle, but turned them off in the middle of it. Maybe that's the problem? The only way Klongo can hurt me is when he's in the shield throwing bottles of potion at me. Otherwise, we just go right through each other.

PS sorry if this has been asked before, but I am NOT searching through 500+ posts looking for my answer. I hope you understand. =]

laser

When I enter the tunnel after that extremely long intro sequence, I fight Klongo. He takes some steroids and gets all big and hops around the place. I couldn't figure out how to fight him so I checked on good old GameFaqs, which told me to "attack him when he stands still." So I did that, but I can't hurt him and he can't hurt me. I turned on cheats before the battle, but turned them off in the middle of it. Maybe that's the problem? The only way Klongo can hurt me is when he's in the shield throwing bottles of potion at me. Otherwise, we just go right through each other.

PS sorry if this has been asked before, but I am NOT searching through 500+ posts looking for my answer. I hope you understand. =]

text pasted from croco' gamefaq

Klungo is simple, despite his new potion that he thinks is so great. His
attacks are simple and, like most of the bosses, follows a consistent pattern.
He'll start out by drinking (then eating) his potion. Klungo's potion will do
one of the following three things.

1. This potion will create clone images of Klungo, and to proceed you must find
the real Klungo and attack. You can tell him apart from the others by his
slightly whiter lab coat. He's also the last one to start moving when the
clones appear. After you attack the real Klungo (the Rat-a-tat Rap works well),
he'll form a protective shield and will start hurling beakers of poisonous
chemicals at you. Run around him in a circle until he stops throwing. He'll
begin again with making clones, but this time they will be two. The last time
there's three. After hurting Klungo three times, he'll flee in pain.

2. The second potion variation makes Klungo grow to monstrous proportions. Soon
after, he will leap into the air and come crashing down. Simply attack when he
stands still, then he'll activate his protective shield and throw beakers of
potion at you. He'll then start over with growing large and will repeat the
process until you've hit him three times. He'll run away after the battle.

3. The third potion turns Klungo invisible. After a short period of time,
Klungo's potion will wear off and you'll be able to see him. Attack him then.
He'll go into his regular routine of throwing chemicals, then back to
invisibility. Two more hits and he's beaten.

OP
S

SamoanWolf

That's exactly the one I read. Was Klongo supposed to do those in that order? Because he went directly to Potion 2. I couldn't hurt him and he could only hurt me by throwing yellow beakers.

Toasty

Sony battery
This video walkthrough briefly demonstrates all three potions that Klungo can take, and the method of attack for each one. This thread belongs in Gaming BTW.