What's new

Zelda OOT new? core bug only in PJ64.

ggab

Emutalk Member
this is the bug, i've found.
the emulator that only happend is in PJ64 1.5 with/without the new RDB/RDC and cheat file.
the video plugin: all jabo and glide64
the sound plugin: all, i don't think that is the problem. also to input plugin.
well i'll attach the save SRA file and also the images.

In kokiri forest, in the Lost Woods.
At night or Day, enter to lost wood, turn left and enter in that way, stay all time you want, then go to the previus scene (the 4 ways screen) and enter to the door/gate/entrance that is to your left again or also is in front of you, when you enter to Lost Woods, then the game originaly "carry to the kokiri forest again, to the gate to enter at Lost Woods", but HERE IT CAMES THE BUG, the game (not the emulator) frezze/lock up in a Black screen (with glide64, because is in full screen) and you must press F12 to exit game, and with jabo's appears an Error box. it says:
Error
Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801E83C0
Unknown 73 73 00 00
Stoping Emulation !
and the to press OK buttom

this happens also when link is old in a shop in kakariko village, when you try to open the door.

anybody knows this bug/problem, it seems to be a core issue...?

in 1964 0.85 all is OK, this bug doesn't happend.
i wanna play OOT in PJ64 because it has the cheat solution to the delay subscreen fix.

well, it's all, if somebody try this mini guide to find this "bug" i will apreciate so much. byee! great 2004!

Last edited:

Allnatural

Yeah, I found this one a long time ago. Do this:

Right-click the game entry in the GUI, select Edit Game Settings and change the Self-modifying Code Method to Change Memory and Cache.

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
thanks you Allnatural.
i'm very happy!, i'll continue playing without nothing to worried.

A final 2 short questions:
1)
quote from Project64.chm
"In order from fastest to most secure these are:
None > Cache > Check Memory and Cache > Check Memory Advance > Change Memory and Cache > Protect Memory"

in the solution of change: "Check Memory Advance" to "Change Memory and Cache":
¿the only thing that change when is running, is a bit CPU speed needed?, or it'll happend new things or rare situatons during gameplay (for me it seems to be all OK)?

2)
¿why in the RDB the "Self -mod. code method" isn't setting to the correct "Change Memory and Cache"? can the game be completed at 100% without changing this Game Setting?

bye, thanks you again.

Allnatural

1. I don't notice any speed difference between the various settings until I hit Protect Memory, which tends to be slow with some (but not all) games. Zelda happened to be slow at Protect Memory, so i used the next lowest option which, thankfully, still prevented that crash.

2. Just overlooked I suppose. So far as I know you and I are the only ones to find that crash, so maybe it has something to do with our particular PC configuration(s) and not the emulator. I don't know if the new setting will work through the entire game, so you'll just have to play it in it's entirety and find out for yourself. :)