What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project Discussion topic

xZabuzax

Awesome, downloading the V5 update, i have a question though...

Which video plugin do you recommend for the V5 release? i see in the "Misc downloads" you provided there are 2 video plugins, "Rice Video R73" and "1964 video plugin community, Revision 67". Which one of those 2 do you recomend?

One last question, do you also recomend the video plugin "Glide 64 'Napalm WX release 1" for this V5? that's the video plugin i'm using and it worked fine for the V4 pack, will it have any issues with V5?

Again, thanks for the awesome work dudes!

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Glide64 will not display the panorama/large backdrop textures as its developers have chosen to remain in the stone age.

xZabuzax

Glide64 will not display the panorama/large backdrop textures as its developers have chosen to remain in the stone age.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

What about the other's in the Misc downloads: "Rice Video R73" and "1964 video plugin community, Revision 67"?

I suppose i should use "Rice Video R73" because that's the latter version right?

P

Pokemaniacs

So far, it run fine with latest glide64 plugin (loaded 3000++ textures, cache 150+ MB). Any particular example?

It does eat up 500MB of memory when the game is running otherwise it is ok.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

As Squall said Glide64 will not display the panorama/large backdrop textures and also will not display any of the animated textures.

P

Pokemaniacs

As Squall said Glide64 will not display the panorama/large backdrop textures and also will not display any of the animated textures.

No need to repeat what Squall said, I can read English. I am asking him if he can cite some examples. I just want to check it myself.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

There are panorama and large backdrop textures in the pack.... It is a limitation of the Glide64 plugin and is one of the only areas Rice Video actually beats in it. This pack does not offer any support for the use of Glide64 anyway.

Last edited:
P

Pokemaniacs

There are panorama and large backdrop textures in the pack.... It is a limitation of the Glide64 plugin and is one of the only areas Rice Video actually beats in it. This pack does not offer any support for the use of Glide64 anyway.

First, the question is posed to Squall, not you.
Second, if you can cite some examples (that will be good), if not, there is no need to repeat what Squall said.
Third, did I ever ask for support from you on V5 pack or ask you which area(s) that Rice Video excel over Glide64? NO.
Fourth, don't be so defensive over a simple question that I pose to Squall - if he is willing to cite some examples for me(good) otherwise it is fine too.

As a project manager of this pack, you are being very narrow minded in scope. It is fine that you want to restrict this V5 or V6 pack to Rice Video plugin alone. Then I suggest you state upfront that any comment/post in your thread should mention Rice Video plugin alone and not other video plugin(if that is your wish). Learn to be a real project manager and how a real project manager manages a project which means the people working under you and your users/customers. It doesn't matter if you work for free, the fact that you undertake such task/project, you are committed to it.

xZabuzax

Yes, Rice Video R73 is the latest.

I have another issue mate, with both plugins "Rice Video R73" and "1964 video plugin community, Revision 67" the V5 pack won't load, it does work with "Glide 64 'Napalm WX release 1" but not with the other's 2.

This is the issue i'm having:

Project64 1.6: using "1964 video plugin community, Revision 67" and "Rice Video R73"

[/URL]

1964 0.9.9: using "1964 video plugin community, Revision 67" and "Rice Video R73"

[/URL]

Both plugins won't load in both emulators with V5, i tried it many times with no succes using the default configuration on both plugins.

"Glide 64 'Napalm WX release 1" is the only one that worked, but if you said it won't load some textures in V5 then i'm a sad panda, any help is appreciated in this little issue.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@xZabuzax I'm having problems with the plugin as well at the moment, sucks my programming skills are so bad at the moment.
@Pokemaniacs I haven't being absolutely clear with my answer, there are background textures in the pack, go into the Bazaar and the Bombchu shop, and you will notice they do not load in Glide 64 but do load under Rice Video R30 and above, Glide 64 can load the the background textures in but via a different way, Glide64 requires the backgrounds to be split into multiple textures. From Gonetz himself http://code.google.com/p/glidehqplusglitch64/issues/detail?id=125, The last line on the first comment :p Now as you see it could of makes it you have to choose one or the other to properly support, now of course you could go split the backgrounds up yourself if you really wanted and I'll offer it as a extra download. If I find anything more to cite from I'll edit this post.

P

Pokemaniacs

@Pokemaniacs I haven't being absolutely clear with my answer, there are background textures in the pack, go into the Bazaar and the Bombchu shop, and you will notice they do not load in Glide 64 but do load under Rice Video R30 and above, Glide 64 can load the the background textures in but via a different way, Glide64 requires the backgrounds to be split into multiple textures. From Gonetz himself http://code.google.com/p/glidehqplusglitch64/issues/detail?id=125, The last line on the first comment :p Now as you see it could of makes it you have to choose one or the other to properly support, now of course you could go split the backgrounds up yourself if you really wanted and I'll offer it as a extra download. If I find anything more to cite from I'll edit this post.

Thank you.
The reason I am using Glide64 because r73 will complain about "Direct3D" after it finished loading the 3000++ textures. I don't believe it is my notebook/hw/config problem but the upgrade from DirectX8 to DirectX9.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Pokemaniacs, no problem. I'm actually having problems with r73 at the moment as well, I'm trying to track down the problem at the moment but can't find out exactly whats causing it.

P

Pokemaniacs

I can get in-game with r73 if move out some areas. It seem to complain about Direct3D not having compatible devices when the textures loaded use about 1.8GB of memory. However, r73 still has graphics glitch & intermittent short pause while Glide64 run very well.

I suspect Glide64 can compress texture and it uses only 500MB memory while r73 does not seem to do any compression otherwise why should it use > 1.8GB memory when loading textures.

microdev

Both plugins won't load in both emulators with V5, i tried it many times with no succes using the default configuration on both plugins.
Reason is the texture caching. By default, windows restricts the memory that can be occupied by one process to 1GB. As the decompressed textures in memory will need more than that, the plugin crashes.

Fixes:
either turn off texture caching or let windows assign more memory to the process. Somewhere in the 1964 community thread someone posted how to do that. If I remember right I posted a link to that instruction somewhen. So search my posts & you'll find it.

I suspect Glide64 can compress texture and it uses only 500MB memory while r73 does not seem to do any compression otherwise why should it use > 1.8GB memory when loading textures.
Exactly. The texture caching of Rice is still rudimentary. (I think, I also explained it in the plugin configuration option, if you enable hints & hover over the caching option). It still lacks the implementation of on the fly texture compression.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Congratz on the release of V5 D--D :D! I can't wait for the plugin issue to be resolved so I can run around and see the progress so far :).

Thanks to everyone else who contributed/helped/supported the pack and brought V5 around!