What's new

Dolphin x64/Dual Core BETA screenshot (warning 56Ks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Here are some screenshots from a "secret*" private Version of Dolphin built for 64bits CPU with Dual Core support and optimisation. The updates are only on the core, thing that improves the speed of most games by a ton.

Please take note:
-There is NO update on graphic or audio plugins
-There is a change in compatiblity due to Core changes, some games run better, some are running worse and some aren't running anymore.
-On screenshots, only take a look at the FPS, that's where you can see the difference.
-Speed is really CPU dependant now, you don't need a crazy machine to get 1 more FPS.

My System:
-Windows XP 64bits Professional
-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ S939 (2.01GHz)
-1024MB DDR400 (Dual Channel)
-Asus A8N5X (nForce4)
-Geforce 6600 256MB (PCI-E)
----
Emulator settings:
-Recompiler
-NO Dual Core
-800x600
-PS 2.0
-no AA/AS

Crazy Taxi (20 to30fps)
Crazy_taxi_1_64.JPG

Crazy_taxi_2_64.JPG

Mario Kart: Double Dash (10 to 30FPS)
MKDD_1_64.JPG

MKDD_2_64.JPG

MKDD_3_64.JPG

MKDD_4_64.JPG

Paper Mario (20 to 30+ FPS)
Paper_1_64.JPG

Paper_2_64.JPG

Paper_3_64.JPG

Pikmin (15 to 20 FPS)
Pikmin_1_64.JPG

Pikmin_2_64.JPG

Custom Robo
-from 10 to 35+ FPS
--I actually finished the whole game in some nights, fully playable, some graphical bugs, always faster when there's less characters showing on the screen, 1 vs 1 robo battles full speed (at 4 it's a bit quite slow) :)
-Only 1 screenshot showing a nice FPS :p
customRobo_1_64_1337.jpg

Also, if you are registed to emuforums, here are CKEmu's highres fast screenshots:
Dolphin x64 / Dual Core - Announced! - Emuforums.com

*not really secret anymore :p

Last edited:

emwearz

wow, really nice speeds on those shots and your using a A64. Im really looking forward to this, thanks for giving us something to get excited over, those shots are awesome.

Toasty

Sony battery
Very awesome to see work is still being done on this great project! :party: Any hints on how much speed improvement we dual-core users will see? :flowers: Have you guys tried out Wind Waker yet?

vlado

Sexy's back!
hehe, apart from the graphics card you have the same specs as me Knuckles :) , well i'm happy that ector keept working on dolphin , i've been checking for any update for about 6 months now , and there i have it :D thank you ector :D

Sercio

consider... the previous version was able to make 3 fps!

Edit: why there is the gekko-emulator on the screenshots? I think we are talking about dolphin... arent we?

Last edited:

emwearz

Since the name of the CPU unit in the Gamecube is called Gekko, im going to guess it has something to do with that :robot:

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

it's because Dolphin 64 runs the graphics on a different window instead of in the dolphin GUI, that's why I kept the dolphin main window in the back.

chiklit

Will you need to be running it under Win 64bit to get the dual core benefits, or will dual core support work under the 32bit version too?

ector

Emulator Developer
Argh, don't start calling it "Dolphin 64", I just put that in the titlebar to distinguish them easily :/

Dual core has nothing to do with "bitness", but the old 32-bit dynarec is bad so it doesn't make a huge difference there.

There will be a 32-bit version, but 64-bit will be faster, and yes, 64-bit build requires a 64-bit Windows.

Release date? Can't tell you as usual, it's just a hobby we come back to from time to time. The new 64-bit JIT + dual core support was done in less than 2 weeks of work.

Sercio

2 weeks for a work which we wait 1 year :p Im really confused now.... I have a athlon x2 3800+ (oc to 4800+)! My CPU supports the 64 bit technology but i have leave my "old" 32bit-OS --> does this mean i will never see a 64 bit running application?? IF no then i will get really ****** !!!

Clements

Yes, you need a 64-Bit enabled version of Windows as well as a 64-Bit enabled CPU to run a 64-bit application.

emwearz

Just get yourself a copy of Windows XP 64, partition off say 10+gb and run a dual boot. Thats what I do, unless I select XP64, my computer runs exactly how it did before installing XP64.

BlueFalcon7

Wow, I leave for a week because of so much school work, and I come back to see a 64 bit version of the dolphin with dual core support. Best of all, I just got myself a C2D, and a really good heatsink. (and no, not to play dolphin :p)

OK, A few questions...

First of all, will there be any new Streaming SIMD optimizations (SSE, SSE2, SSE3 SSSE3, etc)? Because someone said something about new optimizations.

Second of all, was the last screenshot a joke or something, or did you try to time it :p (13.37 FPS)

And 3rd, nice job :) High school work is bad enough, Its good to see you fitting time in to code.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Second of all, was the last screenshot a joke or something, or did you try to time it :p (13.37 FPS)

Not a joke, I felt on that while I was playing and instantly took a screenshot. I got 13.37 FPS quite a few times while playing , had to take it :p

vlado

Sexy's back!
This is gonna sound stupid , but will this work on a Intel Celeron D Oc'd to 3600+?
I don't think it's 64 bit tough.....

Status
Not open for further replies.