What's new

Bah, I say.

GHNeko

Meh. x.x

Alright. I got the Chankast...blah blah blah, bios...read-only...blah. I have marvel vs Capcom 2 botting of a virtual drive, ala Daemon tools. The bios is set, the game is loaded, capcom hack is on and I support SSE.

BUT!

Problem. I suspect my ATI RagePro 128 AGP 4x graphics card is the culprit, but I cant be sure about it. Yea yea. RAGEPRO. Piece of crap, thats why I suspect it to be the culprit of this problem.

mvc2ar6.jpg

AND

mvc21xl9.jpg

Teh first image as you can guess. Character Select.

Second. In game battle. x.x

Alright. You can see this, and I suspect a lack of hardware texture and lighting to make the game appear like this. I get the 60 FPS frame rate on it, despite the fact that my AGP card is only working at 1x, which is a measly 16 MB. Yea. I know. Lay off.

But I cant totally be sure, since really, I know nothing about DC emulators and whats need by a graphics card. I read the requirements people are giving and such, like, "MAKE SURE YOU HAVE XXX CARD!"

Its an ATI, so I thought based on what you guys said, it should work. Boy was I wrong. So, if you may. A little help and claification? If you need a more indepth look at my card, Ill be glad to help.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You'd be more than right on your suspicion that the video card is the culprit. In other words, you hit the proverbial bullseye. To be blunt, RAGE PRO cards are next to worthless. I should know since my old computer has an ATI RAGE 3D PRO in it. The so called 3D acceleration is a joke (because, uh, it just doesn't doesn't work -- well, it does but all the textures are white because of insufficient video memory).

Granted, yours is much better (AGP and all), but still absolute bottom-feeder class as far as graphics cards' features go nowadays and dare I say even 2 years ago.

So yeah, get a decent DirectX 8/9 card (ATI Radeons or Nvidia GeForces) if you plan on playing games in Chankast.

Last edited:
OP
G

GHNeko

Bah. I see. x.x

Oh well. I guess I have to cash out at least 40 dollars. Until I get that job at best buy, at least. Grah.

Thanks alot though. Now I can go /ctrl+x myself in peace.

Last edited: