What's new

Help Me

blahblahcar

After long download for Shenmue 1 & hours of searching for BIOs etc i got them and everything is great but it kept restarting back to Music/Play/Setting screen etc everytime i clicked play so i redone the BIOs...

But now it will load to the SEGA sign just before game loads and makes my PC Monitor Flick for 1second and restart my whole PC.

Any advice?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If the PC reboots all the sudden, that means that a BSOD has occurred. There's not much you can do about that.

It could be that the Shenmue image you got is not selfboot or the whole image is corrupted.

EDIT: Oh yeah, computer specs would be nice.

OP
B

blahblahcar

AMD Athlon™ XP 2200+
1.79GHz
Presario 6240EA
256MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420.
Windows XP SP2.

I know PC Spec's ain't the best but i can run MMO games easy with no lag or problem's.. :s

The Shenmue i got is "Kalisto - Perfect Shenmue 4 CDs" & Daemon tool's v3.29.

EDIT : After the reboot i get this error.

Last edited:

Agozer

Even if you did get the game to boot you wouldn't be able to play it because of your video card; you'd get missing textures or severe texture errors.

Last edited:
OP
B

blahblahcar

Could it be the BIOs because before i had the reset bug i had a blue swirl (PAL?) & now i have a red swirl (NTSC?)

Agozer

PsyMan said:
Not really. A GeForce 4 MX is enough for Chankast. :p
Did I say that it is enough?

Anyway, yeah you're right.

blahblah: The BIOS region should have no effect on your computer.

Last edited:
OP
B

blahblahcar

Ok Chankast Alpha v0.25 kill's my PC aka reboot's it i tryed Chankast Alpha v0.1 and i don't reboot!!!

Instead i'm stuck at the SEGA screen.... =[

Anyone else have any ideas or reason's why this is happening or soloutions?

OP
B

blahblahcar

blahblahcar said:
AMD Athlon™ XP 2200+
1.79GHz
Presario 6240EA
256MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420.
Windows XP SP2.

I know PC Spec's ain't the best but i can run MMO games easy with no lag or problem's.. :s

The Shenmue i got is "Kalisto - Perfect Shenmue 4 CDs" & Daemon tool's v3.29.

EDIT : After the reboot i get this error.

^^^

Agozer

Again, the answer is the as it was with the other thread. Get a better video card. Chankast 0.1 doesn't make much differece over 0.25.

Agozer

Hm. Yo have a point. Still, I've seen similar problems where getting an actual video card helped.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I wonder is the system getting overloaded? I recently overclocked my graphics card and was having similar problems.

OP
B

blahblahcar

I never had problems with my PC like rebooting itself and fan going mad and PC slow like when i run Chankast in like 3years of having it!

So i have no clue and i restored it about 12 days ago i normally do it once every 3 month.

I'm new to this emulator thing i have all consoles and usually play MMO games but sold dreamcast ages ago and i miss my favorite game Shenmue but sadly im not having luck trying to work it.

I guess Ebay is worth a try if i can't fix it soon.