What's new

The Church vs. The Code

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
WhiteX said:
That´s weird, you have no confidence in your potential, skills or resolve?
I know I can do and what I cannot do and that's all I need. If there is something I haven't done, then I try it and see if it turns out good or bad and that's all. I don't need to think that I will do this! ...Or some such silly thing.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Like Clements said faith is one thing and confidence is another one. They are two words with a totally different meaning, and one doesn't include the other

WhiteX

I disagree, i guess confidence is a form of faith and i don´t think that the belief that you can overcome a setback, even against the odds to be silly, ppl that do sports rely on this to win and ppl on extreme situations (war) need that as well.

apexad

9 pages of heated religion discussion and nobdy has mentioned the Flying Spaghetti Monster yet? That's what I believe. (joking)

Anyway, to re-iterate the opinions of many who have already posted, I completely understand that this is a movie. However, having seen a history channel on it, there is some fact within the book and movie.

It is much like Jurassic Park, sure it's fake, but it could happen, it could be true. I for one think that the facts it is based on do potentially make it probable. I am also not christian though, so for me to believe this is not a shift in my faith either.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I like a lot of people have no belief in the bible. Like they said, there is no evidence to show that anything in the bible is true. If you think about it, the only reason that people believe in it is because they were forced to until people had to keep believing in it. If you believe in the bible, then you believe that someone walked on top of water. It doesnt take a "holy man" to walk on water, I can put water on the ground and walk all over it. You also believe that someone split a body of water in half. I completely find that scientifically impossible.

I do not go to church and I do not believe that there is a supreme being that will decide my fate after I die. I believe that there is no afterlife.

As for churches, they all say the same old shit, believe in this person. If you went to church and they told you to believe in a pig, would you do it. I do not let anybody tell me what I should believe in. I believe in myself and I will live my life like I want to.

As for you churchgoers, I am not trying to put my beliefs on to you, I am just telling you how I feel in this, so I dont want you to try to tell me what to believe.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I must say that read the Bible is sometimes interesting, it has great stories and a kinda good philosophy

WhiteX

It is a mythology, it has stories of heroes, the ordeal of the jewish ppl, a mighty ruthless god, and many other things...

WhiteX

He only appears in the middle of the book and, as all good heroes, he dies in the end. Sad, sad, sad.