What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda OoT Misc Tiles

zeldafan970

MOYcano 0.23 said:
Definitly you should enhance it a little but already looks great!

SALUDOS!

I would, but I'm not that good at photoshop yet so I can't really make it look as good as mdtauk's or somebodys yet. If you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears...

EDIT: Or if anyone wants to make any improvements themselves, just pm me or ask here!

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
The eyes seem agressive and feel to old for young Link. Also, I am not sure if the TP eyes really suit Adult Link. The character design of OoT Link is different to TP Link, less edgey and angular, so the softer eyes work better.

zeldafan970

mdtauk said:
The eyes seem agressive and feel to old for young Link. Also, I am not sure if the TP eyes really suit Adult Link. The character design of OoT Link is different to TP Link, less edgey and angular, so the softer eyes work better.

I don't quite understand how they are so much different and older, they look pretty much the same except for some minor differences. OoT Link's pupil isn't as long, and TP Link's eye (to me) is a bit more streamlined and simple in terms of overal shape. I guess I can see how they make adult Link feel older, but wouldn't that be a good thing to contrast with young Link? But I really think that the shape should stay true to the shape it has always been which is more of an "anime" styled eye. Ya know what I mean?

EDIT: I forgot to write that I do agree that these eyes are unappropriate for young Link. But I also feel that your eye for MM Link is not quite correct either. If you want to use reference for young Link I would start with the SSBM young Link model. I would make it but as you can see I'm not quite as good at texture art as you are.

Last edited:

zeldafan970

okay, I did a little more tweaking for young Link. I made the eyes much bigger and tried to round them off a bit. Also I added that darker mark over his nose from the original texture. Is this better? here is the original texture from the game next to it. And here is my first texture attempt next to the new one.

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
zeldafan970 said:
okay, I did a little more tweaking for young Link. I made the eyes much bigger and tried to round them off a bit. Also I added that darker mark over his nose from the original texture. Is this better? here is the original texture from the game next to it. And here is my first texture attempt next to the new one.
Now looks better. That’s for sure.

Humn... I have some doubt about the hair, it is possible give it some minimal translucent areas? Actually is just an idea, who know how could look or even if may be useful to make some truly hair effect.

SALUDOS!:sombrero:

M[u]ddy

zeldafan970 said:
In my opinion, you should go for more of a TP look with the eyes, I think that it would have enough realism to work with your style. Don't you? (this is just a crude quickie I did to show the difference)
When I saw your first image, I thought you meant something like this:
linkeyesnormal4ls.png

zeldafan970

M[u]ddy said:
When I saw your first image, I thought you meant something like this:
linkeyesnormal4ls.png
That one actually looks pretty good, and you're right I did mean something like that. But the more I worked on it the more I tried to make it match TP but still have an OoT and MM feel. If you look at Djipi's new posts, his Link eyes are very much improved.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
I've done my own little variation of Djipi's cell texture on the Master Sword, Deku Shield and the Hylian Shield.

Zelda-MasterSword.jpg

You'll have to rename them if you want to use them.. Photobucket removes the shit in the name.

THELEGENDOFZELDAC3568B27216274091E_.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#C3568B27#2#1#6274091E_ciByRGBA.png

THELEGENDOFZELDA71C9370D2179CA0327_.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#71C9370D#2#1#79CA0327_ciByRGBA.png

THELEGENDOFZELDA41B4A65F02_rgb.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#41B4A65F#0#2_rgb.png

THELEGENDOFZELDA41B4A65F02_all.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#41B4A65F#0#2_all.png

THELEGENDOFZELDA03F326D002_rgb.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#03F326D0#0#2_rgb.png

I like them, they're pretty good IMO.

EDIT: If you guys are going for the TP look or something similar,
here's some larger head shots of link from TP. I noticed some of the ones you had sucked in quality. Maybe this will benefit you more, i dont know...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/EnterTheHatrix/LinkFace2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/EnterTheHatrix/LinkFace1.jpg

Last edited:

zeldafan970

Heres what I did with that Ocarina from hatrix. There are three different versions. the first is the ocarina without a color change, the second is the ocarina changed to match with the royal family ocarina color, and the last the fairy ocarina. Remember, to make the royal family ocarina work you must remove the 2 from the end of its name!

zeldafan970

sorry for the bump but this is what this topic is for. Anyway I changed the colors of the WW clothes icons for Djipi's mod to match Link's clothes from OoT if anybody cares. Heres an ingame screenshot and here's the files

Last edited:

pedrocasilva

zeldafan970 said:
sorry for the bump but this is what this topic is for. Anyway I changed the colors of the WW clothes icons for Djipi's mod to match Link's clothes from OoT if anybody cares. Heres an ingame screenshot and here's the files
I care :D Thanks for your hard work (now, i'm off to play)

zeldafan970

pedrocasilva said:
I care :D Thanks for your hard work (now, i'm off to play)
sweet at least somebody does, now all we need is someone to do Link's WW belt for the model and we're in buisness

merrell

There's just something about that vampire link . . . I just can't put my finger on it.

Can someone help me find the word(s) I'm looking for?

If you look at things the right way, nothing exists.
If you look at things the right way . . .

EDIT - Oops, forgot to look at the date!

Last edited:

M[u]ddy

It still can be found in MasterPhWs all texture projects thread.
http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=389810&postcount=7

@MasterPhW:
Thanks for uploading my files :)

The red eyes weren't a separated Pack, but but the beginning of the Vampire and therefore are included in the Vampire-Pack.
And they were made for Majoras Mask.
I don't know if they work for Orcarina of Time.
Maybe you might fix this? ;)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It still can be found in MasterPhWs all texture projects thread.
http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=389810&postcount=7

@MasterPhW:
Thanks for uploading my files :)

The red eyes weren't a separated Pack, but but the beginning of the Vampire and therefore are included in the Vampire-Pack.
And they were made for Majoras Mask.
I don't know if they work for Orcarina of Time.
Maybe you might fix this? ;)

No prob, Mddy, I try to collect all of them... but hadn't found some time lately to update the site. But only this week, then I'll have two weeks holidays and I'll find some time to update the collection.