What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Banjo-Kazooie Re-textured

V-King

Just a dude
First of:
Hi, I'm new to this forums. I hope, no one will somehow punish me for what I'm doing and stuff ;) (And I'm from Germany so excuse my "maybe not so right" English)

On to the sense of this thread:
I resized some of the textures in Banjo-Kazooie.
It was a really pain in the ass of making and I don't even think that I made a really excellent job.
I mean, Banjo-Kazooie probably has the best Textures I ever saw in a game on the N64, so why retexture it?
Answer: 'Coz I don't know what I should do in the times I'm bored :p
Yeah, so...I'm not a man of words, so I let pictures speak :)

Oh one last word: There are not yet many textures remade (perhaps about 90 or so from about over *don't know* 10000?) and they're not made in a specific order.
Just picked some textures at totally random and then remade them ^^"
And you will need 7zip to extract the textures!

Last edited:

hizoka10

Great work,
Did you both resize _rgb and _a in the same size (and not over 4x the original) and save them in the original color format, sometimes some programs automaticaly save black and white images in 2bit format. duplication can cause it to.

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
hizoka10 said:
Great work,
Did you both resize _rgb and _a in the same size (and not over 4x the original) and save them in the original color format, sometimes some programs automaticaly save black and white images in 2bit format. duplication can cause it to.
I did so for the FadeOuts but not for the rest (e.g. for the fences in Grunty's Lair at Mumbo's Mountain entrance I just resized the _all texture but left the _rgb and _a as they were.

OK, on to v0.02:
Grunty's Lair Entrance (including the Entrance Hall to Mumbo's Mountain) is completely retextured :)
I even tried that red flower to resize but...naww, you can see it in the Pak ^^"
Download is available in my first post ;)

BTW: New pictures:

OK, here is my first attempt in making a completely new texture instead of just resizing it and put some kind of detail on it :)
Hope you like it
Please leave some comments, k? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyo

Yeah..
The bridge may need a darker color, in my opinion it looks too bright, but other than that....man, those textures rock!

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
_pm_ said:
I like the details on the rocks :)
For real now? I somehow don't like them, 'cause they're the same on every rock :blush:

Whatever, I darkened the bridge texture a little and I think it must be right now:

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
Thanks ^_^

And once more I mention my problem which I already posted at post #1:

Does somebody know how to resize the font? I tried it with the letter "K" and when I tried out, the K was still in its old size of 9x13 pixels. Could someone help me with this?
I really need help with this since it really doesn't work for whatever reason.

EDIT: Whoa boy, I'm stupid...next time I'll use the right reslution (it was actually 9x12 not 9x13 pixels <.< )
Problem solved.

Last edited:

sb_nac0

i like what you did so far :satisfied ...some of those look very nice...

(could ya check your pm's V-King :) )

Codexing

The Xpaniard
This is one of the hi-res projects I'm looking forward to most!
This game already had some great textures, but the work you're putting on it is awesome!
Way to go V-king!

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
Ok another one who likes my work, that's cool ^^

But hey: Don't think that bad comments would hurt me. In fact they wouldn't. They would keeping me on making these textures even more better and stuff.

Anyways I wanted to say something:

sb_nac0 contacted me via PN and sent me some of his work in retexturing B-K.
I looked at it and thought it was amazing (not everything, but the most of the textures he sent me looked really awesome and, imo, even better than mine.)

So for the future he will help me finishing this retexturing project. Therefore this Pak is now mine AND sb_nac0's B-K retexture pak.

And: v0.03 will be out as soon as I finished Mumbo's Mountain (+ inside of Termite Hill and inside of Mumbo's Hut).
I can't say when it's done exactly, but I think it could be on Friday this week.

Wheee, 1000 views, making this topic a hot topic \o\

It's a nice birthday present for me (OMG 19, so old...) ^^

Codexing

The Xpaniard
HAPPY BIRTHDAY V-KING!!!
Umm...you want us to say the bad aspects of your textures?
Can't say many thought...
But I specially like the details on the ground textures (the ones near the entrance to Mumbo's Mountain really fit in there, giving it some kind of mixtures between rocks and grass)

-Shadow-

Banned
Alles gute zum Geburtstag ;)

Your textures are looking really great, it could become a very good pack if you can keep the good quality :)

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
-Shadow- said:
Alles gute zum Geburtstag ;)
Wow, noch n Deutscher, damit wären wir afaik schon 3 :)

and thanks for all those gratz :w00t:

Update probably on Friday. With some of sb_nac0's textures already implemented :)

EDIT:
Yeahyeah, np gandalf ;)

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
ermmm.forum only english......
me writes in spanish and so many people told me to writein english.....so, that rule for everyone.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
It's looking good!
I mostely like the gameboy and the paintings.

(Achso, und nachträglich alles Gute zum Geburtstag)