What's new

Known bugs & issues in 0.99

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Too bad...I'd just love to see a big 1.0 on my 1964 window...could someone just make a hack or something? *g*

willljjj

Banned
Engeljaeger said:
Too bad...I'd just love to see a big 1.0 on my 1964 window...could someone just make a hack or something? *g*

If that's really all you want, just photoshop it! :icecream:

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
1964's issue, isn't it?

(from What's new @ glide64 v0.7 ME sp7 release)
Texture stretch problem workaround. Several games suffer from strange problem, when some of texture coordinates have values which are two times larger then they must be. This causes various texture stretch glitches. Well known example is Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. I believe that it's not video plugin's problem, since texture coordinates are passed from emulator. Hovewer, it's unlikely that this problem will be fixed soon. In previous versions I added several hacks to avoid this problem. Now I have replaced them all by one mega hack, which can be easily removed when problem will be fixed. I've also added new heuristics for CyberTiger, Polaris SnoCross, South Park - Chef's Luv Shack, and Yoshi Story (Bone Dragon level) - these games are looking fine now.

some links...

(Games With Wrong Textures)
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5410

(Games With Texture Stretch)
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5426

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
A very annying bug: if you do the whole stuff in the ini, like inserting and changing, some parts disapper in the ini, if it's loaded again in 1964. And I finally know why: it's because I've inserted the names which are to long, but 1964 don#t cut it, it only cuts if it's on. It will jump over the entry!!! try it! Name a game with over 50 letters (only in the INI, with a text editor, and save) and it will not be recognized if you retart the emu!

Last edited:
OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
i've changed the tittle from "bugs found in 0.99 & probably fixed in 1.0"
to a better one: "Known bugs & issues in 0.99"

plus

add some quotes >

- petronius79
problems in importing PJ64 save states
when I chose the available option ''File/Restore/From Project64 Savestate file'' it refuses to load. First I unchecked from Project64 ver 1.5.1 the option to compress save states or else 1964 0.99 crashes since it doesnt support zip save states. But even then the game freezes and refuses to load the state. I tried to use same plug-ins in both emulators just in case but with no result.

has anyone else experienced this problem?

it is not such serious problem really. Both emulators dont have huge differences with the new plug-ins. but I just wanted to see differences in speed and graphics in various levels of the game.

- gandalf
that feature is broken
- SubCog
Will perfect dark run smoothly even on 4 players without the funny speedup/slowdown timing issues?

Oh yeah, and goldeneye too.
- Dee Dark
And what about that huge bug in Body Harvest, that prevented us from crossing the bridges?

- MasterPhW
It's an emulator and gfx lugin bug, but you can play the games without major bugs with Mupen and Glide. Try it!
it would be great to Stick this topic :p

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
hi buddies, i was wondering, if someone has found new ones?

(and even better if any new bug isn't found :icecream: )

PS:
Adiós / Bye [Feliz 2005 para todos!] [Happy New Year!] :bouncy:

Last edited:
OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
not an important bug, but i got it twice this year (i dunno why...)

=> When i open the Emu, i got this "error log window"
(something changes this registry key to:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\1964emu_099\GUI]
"DisplayCriticalMessageWindow"=dword:00000008 )

=> You can fix it, just setting that key to 0.

olivieryuyu

Nushi Zuri 64 - Shiokaze ni Notte: hangs after menu

here the error message with 1964 0.73 which is certainly unsolved with 0.99:

error : branch in branch delay slot PC=800F9790

Hope that Schibo and Rice read a bit this thread sometimes

Jelta

olivieryuyu said:
a regression from version 7 of 1964

i'm calling it the "cards bug":

1080 snowboarding:

here with version 0.99 (any gfx plugins)
not a bug
cards are locked until passed normal level
(save type detect errors from 0.7? manually set to SRAM)

Impreza WRX

With Rice's new video plugin, World Driver Championship finally loads, but freezes at the title screen. A shame too, because WDC is probably the best GT-style racing game for the 64!

Other Guy

About the first post, talking about the exemple of Ogre Battle 64, I use the emu 1964 and PJ 64 with Rice 6.1.0c. In both text was little dirty and the text was trembling.

With the PJ 64 the background appeared, but the characters didn't.

With the 1964 the background and the characters didn't appeared.

Take a look the 1º is the 1964 and the 2º is the PJ 64:

GE Master

I'm late to the show on this topic however for what it's worth, this is an amazing problem. I'm unsure if this is a GoldenEye only issue or not, but the game will not load if the cheats are on. You have to start the game, and then you can select cheats and they will work. This is a bizarre problem, but perhaps it's been posted here already. Sorry to repeat if it has. Just passing this along if there is another release in the works.

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
old emulator bug? (sorry, but i was no able to solve it...)

a F-Zero X & Memory Expansion Pak bug?

As soon as i load the game (after N64's logo):

both glide & jabo show this screen (attach)

i have no idea how to avoid it (setting the exp. pack ON in rom's propertly does not help)

quick tests:

(N-Rage 1.83) i tried several (almost all) Controller pack's options....
with / without a RSP plugin.....
the same with Jabo's input 1.6 or Darkman 4.0b......

Note: in PJ64 this warning message does not appear

Clements

That's something to do with 64DD hook for the Expansion Kit in the N64 game. The original F-Zero X did not need the expansion pak (I played the game happily before I even bought my expansion pak later down the line), but the 64DD version does need it.

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
Clements said:
That's something to do with 64DD hook for the Expansion Kit in the N64 game. The original F-Zero X did not need the expansion pak (I played the game happily before I even bought my expansion pak later down the line), but the 64DD version does need it.
good :)

PS: do u know how or why PJ64 does not have that warning message?

thks guys

OP
ggab

ggab

Emutalk Member
up :)

/* well, perhaps some new bugs were found in the last few months (started and reported in other threads....) */

maybe this thread should be a sticky one :icecream:

Greetings, GABriel :santa: :party:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hhm yeah, not really a bug, but we need a MD5 detection of games, not a CRC like PJ64 and 1964 has...
A lot of games are reported wrong.. means a seems to be a [!] and such things...
Cowering already changed his methods to scan, so we need a fine detection to have a "good" INI...
I have some games which aren't in the "newest" GoodN64 and they are detected as some of the already known "bad" or "fixed" but didn't either start on 1964, but the "real" roms of them do start...

olivieryuyu

md5 'd be a great idea yes :)

there is now about 50 new or redump games from the v2.02 of goodn64. i hope that the v3 'll come in few months now as it's going to be needed. My ini taked in account all of them already but i'd like to put a [!] on them :)