What's new

Dumping GD-ROMS using an ordinary CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive!!!

chane2k1

i didnt get the magnetic fastener back in. I didnt need too since i had already replaced that drive with a dvd bruner. Right now im using the fastener on my samsung dvd-rom since its physical design is almost the same. I've also been experimenting with isobusters extacting options on my samsung dvd-rom. i can read the toc and extract individual files but i have yet to see if the files are corrupted or not since im stille extracting.

Sri Narayan

Found another tool which could be useful ??

A question about the cue stuff. Do you think i have to add also dummy audio to the cue sheet?

Sri Narayan

One question: Does anybody of you tried echelon cdda selfboot tut with a dvd +/- rw (of course you cdrecord with dvd support)?

Sri Narayan

ready2rumble works!
because the data is smaller then 700MB is used a cd rw.
i've got problems with bigger data with dvd+ rw. Because cdrecord
told me that my driver doesn't support dao. Does anybody tried this method?

see you

Sri Narayan

Just another tool. I didn't have success. Does anybody know how cue sheet should look like (dummy audio inside where should the data be)?

STC-Fan

Dollop.
Sri Narayan said:
Just another tool. I didn't have success. Does anybody know how cue sheet should look like (dummy audio inside where should the data be)?
Look in the CDRWIN help file, it has an excellent set of sample CUE sheets and explanation of what each CUE sheet function does. BIN2BOOT I have tried already, didn't have any success with it (it's one of the programs used in ExoBoot BTW). And that ISO2BIN thing is no good... if it can't handle audio tracks, then it's practically useless. Do we even know if Chankast can even handle both BIN and CUE files at once? Not that I've tried, but all this stuff involves a lot of messing around, and I stopped bothering with it quite a while ago.

WavInject is the only thing I've seen so far that could actually put WAVs into CDI images (which is as good as BIN anyway, as it's a "raw" format so to speak), but if you read the NFO file with it, you'll see it can only replace CDDA tracks in CDI images - it cannot inject CDDA tracks into a data-only CDI image. It will be quite a while yet before any such utility is written to do this, be it by the Chankast team, or the people who make that Chankast utility set, or someone else (creator of ExoBoot maybe, even, if he is not "dead" that is :( ). Proper DC game emulation is not even a year old yet, so give 'em a chance to write something, it'll come about eventually =P

Shiki

Hi, looks like I'm a bit late here but I'm having trouble ripping Shenmue...

I have the same problem Onky had. I have all the data files for disc 1, but when I use Exoboot and select the folder it says that "The folder you have select hasn't any selfboot bin files or it's not in the right format." How did you solve this problem Onky?

I have tried to use binhack on the 1st_read.bin and ip.bin, but it gives this error:

Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
General Protection Fault at eip=00001c06
eax=00000000 ebx=00050006 ecx=00000043 edx=00490000 esi=00000054 edi=000166c0
ebp=00056694 esp=00056660 program=D:\BINHACK.EXE
cs: sel=01a7 base=029a0000 limit=0048ffff
ds: sel=01af base=029a0000 limit=0048ffff
es: sel=01af base=029a0000 limit=0048ffff
fs: sel=017f base=000054f0 limit=0000ffff
gs: sel=01bf base=00000000 limit=7ffeffff
ss: sel=01af base=029a0000 limit=0048ffff

Call frame traceback EIPs:
0x00001c06
0x000022c6

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I opened up 1st_read.bin with a hex editor and it seems like maybe it's corrupted. Looks like I might need to redump the disc...

Last edited:

Shiki

I can't? Isn't that what this whole thread is about? I own the actual GD-ROM and am ripping it for a backup...

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Either way, the rules are rules. If you acn't figure it out on your own, we really can't help you here.

Board rules said:
Do not:
Ask how to rip ISOs.

Besides, if a DOS/command line program gives you a general protection fault, there's not much you can do.

STC-Fan

Dollop.
Oh my god, it got bumped.

Anyway... from the looks of your problem, I'd say you need to redump the disc, that's all there is to it. If that file still comes out corrupted, try a different drive - There's No Other Way, as the title of an old Blur song goes. (Wellll, not necessarily, but it's a bit late so I won't discuss those now...)