What's new

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks, that's great news!

I wish you the best with your work, exams and your master thesis! :)

What are you studying?

Aristotle, I hope your doing well too!

Take care and TTYL,
Jay

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Guys the plugin work is great i found a few games faster and more stable.

I'l make some game reviews as the project goes along.

fslynx

Hello there I´m writting because I can´t understand why this plugin don´t load the textures is Super Smash Bros HD.

I will show you an example,look:

example1.png

The wallpaper of the stage is loaded susccesfully but the textures of the castle are dissapeared....
In some stages the textures of the level don´t load....In the Datadayne Super Smash Bros the problem is the same...
A lot of people can´t load the textures of the Super Smash Bros HD.With the new version of this plugin I´ve loaded more textures than the 6.1.4 version but I think that it is impossible to load all the textures...
If you see the picture the textures of some places are loaded,for example in the platforms of the tower... ,the numbers , the character´s textures,the windows are also loaded but the briks not....

I hope you can help me, I´m desesperated Thanks!

microdev

If you see the picture the textures of some places are loaded,for example in the platforms of the tower... ,the numbers , the character´s textures,the windows are also loaded but the briks not....!
The current version of the plugin supports hires tex up to 32x. Are the bricks & the other tex that don't show up maybe more than 32x compared to the originals?

If yes, the plugin code simply has to be changed to support higher scale factors than 32x.

Last edited:
OP
A

Aristotle900

Thanks microdev,

My CLOD pack will need the plugin to support larger textures.

Take care,
Jay

Okay, I'll update it to support bigger textures today. That won't take long, I just have a few more real life things to do..

Anyway, I've failed at Texture pre-loading, because everytime i get it to start loading the textures into memory, before running the game, it crashes everytime. So, I'm going to look into modifying a different part of the code, to see if I can get them to load without crashing. >.>

gitech

N64 Artist
Cool, no rush on the update for larger texture sizes. There are only 1 or 2 textures in CLOD that are 4096x4096.

That's ok, I understand it may be hard. I am just glad you are still working on it and not willing to give up! ;) :)

I have some advice for you that I will post in a minute...I just want to get this post in quick while you are online...;)

gitech

N64 Artist
In this post by Gonetz he mentions that he can identify the exact place in the code that effects 4bit CI textures and sais it is easy to fix, though texture packs would have to be updated with the fixed version.

I am not sure if this is just the bug that can make different texture names, why packs will be missing some textures in his plugin, and with the TMEM option on and off....or if it may also relate to the DRAM CRC slowdown bug too...but it seems he may be able to help with this.

Also, Glide64/napalm has the type of texture caching we need so he may/should be able to help with that too. :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help as well. I can be a good sounding board for ideas. ;)

So how have you been?

Later,
Jay

Last edited:
OP
A

Aristotle900

Seems your texture back will have to be re-done then, with that option turned on. Hmm..

Well, here's the latest version.

Download

======================

1/20/09 - Version 6.1.8
-Increased texture scale support, to 128X the original texture size-
-Changed INI game settings file to "Aristotle Video.ini" to avoid Rice Video conflicts-
-Changed all the names to "Aristotle Video" throughout the project-
-Changed Registry saving location to "Root\Software\Aristotle\Aristotle's Video Plugin" to avoid conflicts with Rice Video Builds-

microdev

I am not sure if this is just the bug that can make different texture names
Yes, I know this post. But thanks anyway.

The bug actually affects the texture name as it leads to wrong palette CRCs (the second CRC in in the filename). I don't think yet that it really affects the "texture in cache overwriting" issue as if the CRC is calculated the wrong way it should allways be calculated the same wrong way... (for the textures coming from the rom & also for the filenames of the hires ones on file system...

But texture caching bypasses this bug as the problem textures will still be reloaded every frame but from memory instead from harddisk.

This would be a kind of hack but would eliminate the need of updating all affected texture packs & therefore be the better solution from my point of view.

microdev

Download
Nice job, Aristotle! :)

Could you maybe edit your first post & place the change history & the download link for the latest version allways there? That makes it easier to find it for the users.

As you changed the registry key, you should also change the registry cleaner of Mudlord to allow to remove this new registry entry if needed.

OP
A

Aristotle900

Nice job, Aristotle! :)

Could you maybe edit your first post & place the change history & the download link for the latest version allways there? That makes it easier to find it for the users.

As you changed the registry key, you should also change the registry cleaner of Mudlord to allow to remove this new registry entry if needed.

I don't have the source to that program, but I can make something that'll clear the registery entries, for the Next build.

Okay, I'll update my first post in a few moments.

Everyone: Check the first post in the topic to find the newest version of the plugin, and past versions, from now on.

microdev

I don't have the source to that program, but I can make something that'll clear the registery entries, for the Next build.
I have it somewhere. I'll send it to you tomorrow.

EDIT: Found it & added the entries for your plugin (maybe you have to adjust the key as I don't know if you added \stable to it - used the key from your change log). It's actually located in the uninstall folder you find in the source code.

Zip-archive contains the registry cleaner & changed source code.

Download

Last edited:

gitech

N64 Artist
I started in heli's about 2 years ago with my first, a Walkera 60B as a birthday gift half funded by me and half by my wonderful fiancé, Pam.

I had a about 20 hours of sim practice on at that time on heli's with the FMS sim and 300+ hours of flying/r&d/build time (combined) with my Miss Hydro 1.5. I ordered a training kit with it and was able to practice in my 3500 square foot hobby shop/race track.

I was able to hover it almost right away. I did a lot of crashing though - trying anything but keeping it in a stable hover. Within a few days I was able to keep it in the air for a full pack without crashing/touching down. I had it for about a year with some time at a local park and flying in my yard. After the lower frame began to give out (among many other parts) I made a final parts order, made it whole again and sold it to my next door neighbors' landlord who was a newbie as well. That's the short of that one.

Then I got a walkera 52. Read all the forums' threads on it up to that point and by the time I had it in the air it was modded with brushless (medusa). Every flight that I attempted anything more than that which I will describe in the ext sentence resulted in a crash - including one pitifully failed attempt to fly inverted that took it full speed at negative pitch into the ground.

This is when I developed the fishing line tail boom reinforcement mod.

I did learn a lot with it, but still I never got out of tail in maneuvers and (sad) "fast" forward flight (-only because a heli is like a plane as long as it is moving forward). At the present time I have the 52 in an FP setup with the lama "extreme" lower blades, and since ordering ~2-3 heli's worth of parts for it for $1.99 each, and getting more and more excited about the 4G3, I intend to switch the 52 back to CP mode and get my CP skills up to...at least match my skills I have recently acquired with my 4#3B. Then...

About two months ago I got the walkera 4#3B. After waiting a year and a half for it to become a heli I would want to own, and I could afford it because of my new job I ordered one for to try it out. I was able to hover it right out of the box, still tail in only, but I was impressed. After about a week (and a couple more hours in my realflight sim... -many more hours total) I was able to start practicing nose in flight and was successful right away. Two weeks later I was doing circuits in my living room with a limited ability to recover/hover at any point, even nose in.

At the present time I can do what I want with my 4#3B and crash only on rare occasions, mostly when it gets "behind" me and I have to turn.

I now know I have a lot of "automatic muscle memory" and "natural reaction" to hone in, but recently I have found myself directing the heli away from danger in orientations and situations I would have just killed the throttle before.

At this point I think I will fly and modify my 4#3B 'till spring, then train again on my wk52 to brush up on my CP skills with my new found talents. After I feel I...and the 4G3 is ready, I will get one of those, and continue....

That's me,
Jay

EDIT: WOW, I hit post...sorry, another "spell checking" error. ;) Well, I guess I will leave it up for you guys to read too. It's for a thread that asks about how you got into helicopters. ( :) )

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Seems your texture back will have to be re-done then, with that option turned on. Hmm..

Download

======================

1/20/09 - Version 6.1.8
-Increased texture scale support, to 128X the original texture size-
-Changed INI game settings file to "Aristotle Video.ini" to avoid Rice Video conflicts-
-Changed all the names to "Aristotle Video" throughout the project-
-Changed Registry saving location to "Root\Software\Aristotle\Aristotle's Video Plugin" to avoid conflicts with Rice Video Builds-
Hey, thanks for all the updates lateley, I'm looking forward to more nice additions from you to this great gfx plugin.
I have an idea for an enhancement: A pal suggested, that Rice Video would be a lot more portable, if all the settings would be stored in the INI-file, instead of INI & registry and I totally have to agree.
Could you try to add all settings to the INI, so we don't have to clean the registry every time we install a new version or move it to another place (etc.)?
I was also told that the Render to Texture Emulation seems to be broken since the 6.x releases... would be great to be fixed in upcoming releases.
Would be great!

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hi MPHW,

LTNS! How are you?
Really to much work atm, so I really don't have time for anything... but ET is my second home, so I check from time to time... few posts earlier ET aslo told me, that I should ask a question or provide a solution for problems... how funny... but that's totally off topic... we should talk later on MSN... seeya mate.

P

Pokemaniacs

This plugin is great but memory usage keeps increasing when I run it using PJ64 under WinXP SP3 (ATI x600) / Vista SP1 (Nvidia GeForce 9200M GS).

After using for a while, it will crash. The only way to reduce memory usage is to do a savestate and then reload that savestate (from 600MB to 100+ MB). Using Jabo plugin doesn't have this problem for the same game (100+ MB) i.e. Ogre Battle.

Anyway to restrict the memory usage instead of manual monitoring and doing the savestate.

TIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.